PDA

View Full Version : Hi There - Looking for help to start a-new

RadicalRedHead
24-07-12, 13:54
Hi just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Abbie and I'm 17 nearly 18. i have a few anxiety issues, nothing serious. I'm looking to try and beat them for good ready to move out of home!

Regards! :) Look forward to hearing your advice.

EDIT

Thought it best to explain a little. The put it in a nutshell, my mother has had anxiety issues and depression my whole life after she had an accident, and due to this even though i am very aware of mental health which is a good thing, it also means i often worry a lot and have picked up some of her habits etc. Because I am so aware of things, I often blow them our of proportion. I have had a couple of panic attacks, and find some environments very uncomfortable sometimes for varying reasons ( i know this is very common but would still like to work towards sorting it out).

My main problems are my fear of being sick, or passing out or embarrassing myself. I feel nervous when I first go out somewhere because I like to be able to get to a toilet etc (something my Mum has always done). An example, I went to a Grammar School for one year and would panic a LOT during assembly's because of the strict atmosphere and would worry incase i had to run out for some reason! Silly I know! ^__^

BUT with that and some other things - Im a performer haha. I am the lead singer in a rock band. I am a confident person, but my over active mind often gets the better of me and i really want to learn how to beat these worry habits! :) Feel very positive about it look forward to chatting to some of you.

nomorepanic
24-07-12, 14:11
Hi RadicalRedHead

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Jon1979
24-07-12, 15:31
Hello & :welcome:

BobbyDog
24-07-12, 15:56
A BIG warm welcome RadicalRedHead:D

celticlass62
24-07-12, 20:35
hi bobby dog welcome to no more panic
i hope you find this site very helpful just like i have as its help me a lot. hope to talk with you in the chat room one day
take care
celticlass xxxxxx :hugs: