PDA

View Full Version : Blood test results due tomorrow

Hypo
24-07-12, 18:26
I had a blood test for heavy periods and tiredness and to check my thyroid . I asked if they thought it was cancer and he said it wasn't likely but there would be markers on my blood test if it was but then he told me to get on with my life and stop worrying.

The results might be in tomorrow. I have pre-booked an appointment for Thursday in case I need to be seen, no way do I want to wait all weekend.

I am so scared that when I call tomorrow they will tell me I need to be seen and if they do I know I will have huge panic attacks. It won't be because I'm anaemic or my thyroid is low again, I would convince myself it is cancer.

Does anyone else feel like this waiting for blood results? On the phone they would either tell me that I need to come in or that I need to take no further action. They won't discuss anything else.

Worrier12
24-07-12, 22:23
Hi There,

I know the feeling. I'm awaiting some blood test results which should be in tomorrow or day after. Been calling every morning to check.

I had a test last year for testicle cancer. I called for results, they said I needed to speak a dr about it, I was so scared, thought I had it. Doctor just said yep it's all fine, it's just a cyst. If they ask to speak to you, it's not neccesarily bad news, it's possible that they just want to discuss looking at other possible causes.

As much as I'm saying this to you however, I know I'll panic if they ask to speak to me!!