PDA

View Full Version : I am nervous about my first Citalopram/Temazepam Combo...

missjosiemarie
25-07-12, 00:51
I have suffered with anxiety since I was 15 and I have taken citalopram before, last year I took it for 6 months. My anxiety has returned greater than before and my doc prescribed me citalopram 10mg and temazepam 20mg to help me sleep. I took both tonight within 2 hours of each other and I think the temazepam is starting to take effect. I feel quite sick, dizzy, drowsy and that in turn is making me anxious. I dont think it is the citalopram because a far as I remember that takes a few weeks to take effect right?
I'm really scared right now. I know my doctor wouldn't have prescribed me both if I couldn't take them together and I've looked about on the internet and that also says I can take them together. I feel very uneasy. Perhaps 20mg is too high a dose for me? I'm scared! Please, anyone with any advice let me know. I don't like taking medication but I know if it makes me better I'll be ok.
I also read that if you don't get more than 8 hours sleep uninterrupted then temazepam can cause memory loss?! This scares me too because I have to be up at 8am tomorrow so I won't get the full 8 hours. I'm just panicking and I know this forum is a great place to be for this!

southey
27-07-12, 13:00
First, do you need to take something to sleep or was it prescribed 'just in case'? Sometimes just having a good bedtime routine, getting up early and being busy during the day can promote good sleep without drugs but I also understand they are needed sometimes and taken for short periods are fine.

I don't have any experience of Temazepam so maybe someone else will chime in?

As for the Citalopram you have used that before so hopefully you know what a ride it can be at first and can be prepared?

Hope your OK,

Steve:)