PDA

View Full Version : need some support & positive thoughts please!

kittikat
25-07-12, 11:37
I have a stage 1 formal capability hearing at work tomorrow :scared15: I have worked for my employer for 19 years with an exemplary work record and cannot believe they are doing this to me following a breakdown last November. I was off sick for 11 weeks.

The past 2 weeks of worry has had a profound effect on my general wellbeing. My doctor has now signed me off work for a month as he is very concerned about the impact on my health. I am not sleeping well and I have lost a lot of weight over the past 2 weeks as I just cannot eat. Anxiety is sky high and my my mind is all over the place. I feel very emotionally detatched.

I am hopeful that once the hearing is over, I will be able to put all this worry behind me for a while at least...I would welcome any words of support at this difficult time.

Thank you, Kitti :)

suzy-sue
25-07-12, 12:27
You poor thing Kitti ..:hugs:Its unbelievable they could be so insensitive after the long service you have given them :lac:.Im sure one tomorrow is over with you will start to feel a lot better ..Sending you heaps of positive thoughts and lots of good luck for tomorrow ..Will be thinking of you ..Luv n hugs Sue xx:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

kittikat
25-07-12, 14:58
Aww...thanks for your kind words and support Sue xxx :bighug1:

eternally optimistic
25-07-12, 15:12
MMMMmmmmm . . . doesnt sound like your employers have treated you well, at all.

I hope the time off will help you to recoup.

Its a silly thing to say but, try not to worry too much.

Best wishes and keep smiling.

(are you a member of a union or have been in contact with any sort of body that might be able to advise you, like CAB etc?

Jackie

Mountainclimber
25-07-12, 15:29
No Job is worth yore health, let it in one ear and out the other. I know what i would tell them to do, but look wait and see what tomorrow brings, and be positive.:yesyes:

kittikat
25-07-12, 15:41
Jay ann....Thank you, I have spoken to a union rep although I am not in the union. Really haven't been in the right frame of mind to go to CAB, but will see how things pan out tomorrow and then get some legal advice if necessary xx

Murphys law....You are so right...I will see what tomorrow brings and take it from there. Trying to stay positive...Thank you :)

Serenitie
25-07-12, 16:46
Hi Kitti,

I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time - sending you huge hugs :hugs:

I have experience of this same poor treatment by previous employers and can really empathise with the way you are feeling.

There is a lot of catching up to do within the workplace in terms of supporting employees experiencing mental distress and ill health. However, you do have legal rights which you are fully entitled to pursue should you need to. Let this put your mind at rest a little.

I would advise you to take someone with you to your hearing (you have the right to do this) for emotional support. Also, It is hard to focus on what is being said in these hearings when you are emotional, anxious and distressed. Having someone with you can really help you to process and discuss the hearing afterwards and decide on the next steps.

You have been a loyal employee for 19 years. You got ill. Everyone gets ill and deserves to be supported back to into good health. Shame on your employers for their lack of empathy and support. You have done nothing wrong. You will get through this hearing. Try to focus on doing what you can to relax before you hearing and take one step at a time.

Your health and you as an individual are more precious than any job. Do not allow your employers to hurt your health any further.

I'll be thinking of you, Kitti. Please let me know how it goes x

kittikat
25-07-12, 17:17
Aww...than you so much Serenitie, you post is very inspiring for me :hugs:

I do have an advocate to accompany me and I will take on board everything you have said. My therapist has mentioned my legal rights too. Still doesn't change how I am feeling, but the kind and thoughtful words you write do. I will let you know.

Many thanks, Kitti :)

Sal W
25-07-12, 17:49
Kitti, you are an angel, they do not deserve you! You are a very special person with a big heart. You are struggling now but you can beat this and no job is worth your health. I am sending you the biggest hug :bighug1: and wish I was near enough to give you a hug in person. You have been and inspiration and support to me through the darkest times and I can never thank you enough for that. With love and hugs, Sal x:flowers::hugs:

kittikat
25-07-12, 17:58
Aww...Sal, you are the best....thanks for making me cry!!!!

Don't worry though, it's a good cry, for such a heartfelt and moving post from an amazing lady who has become a really great friend here.....

I really cannot thank you enough, but from the bottom of my heart, you are the best :bighug1:Thank you for everything xxxx Kitti xxxx :flowers:

Pipkin
25-07-12, 20:02
Kitti,

Positive thoughts coming your way. And a big hug too...

:bighug1:

Pip xxx

bottleblond
25-07-12, 20:09
Kitti

You poor thing :hugs:

What a horrible way they are treating. I don't think you deserve a hearing at all.

Is there a work mate you could take along with you for support?..I'm sure they must allow you to take someone with you.

Please let us know how you get on and I will be thinking of you.

:bighug1:

Love Lisa
xxx

kittikat
25-07-12, 20:22
Ahh, Pip, what can I say.....thanks a million, much appreciated :) xx

And Lisa aka BB, thanks so much hun and yes, I do have a colleague coming with me. You'll know when I'm feeling better, my Kitti avatar will be back up in all it's glory!!

Thanks so much for all the support, everyone, the tears are flowing here...:hugs: xx