PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taking inositol with cit ?

laura442
25-07-12, 13:17
On day 9 of 10mg of cit and really struggling with se's particularly negative/intrusive thoughts and anxiety and lack of sleep.
Just wondered if anyone is taking inositol and has it helped them ?

oneofus
25-07-12, 15:16
Just weaning off Cit, and replacing it in part with Inositol. Initial results were good esp. with fatigue and tiredness, but it seems to be wearing off even though I've upped to 120mg daily.

One of us

laura442
25-07-12, 16:21
Were you taking it when you was on the full dose of cit ? x

oneofus
25-07-12, 22:59
No. I'd picked up on inositol was had proved effective for depression and fatigue so I thought I'd give it a try as I was planning to wean off Citalopram after a year. Studies have shown a very large dose of around 12 tablets a day had been effective, but there's been no long term studies on lower doses. I'm taking three tablets per day.

I've found it surprisingly good for reducing fatigue, but not sure about mood control since I've been a bit erratic mood wise coming off Citalopram. I went from 20mg to 10mg daily, then 10mg every other day and I'm now taking 10mg every third day. I do wonder if I'd be better sticking to a daily dose and steadily lowering the dose but I only 10mg tablets. Still things do seem to settling down.

One of us