PDA

View Full Version : peeing problem

sebinkent
25-07-12, 17:54
Can anybody relate to this, male or female?

I don't know what's going on but I have been having issues with my peeing which seem to come and go. I sometimes feel like I have to go a lot, even when I don't have a lot in my bladder. I have also realised that the flow of urine isn't as powerful as it used to be (sometimes it's ok) I know the prostate can enlarge with age but surely not this quickly and I am only 34! I have had infection ruled out, my kidneys are fine and I am not diabetic.

My doctor says it's caused by tension which is caused by my anxiety and the more I think about it, the worse it gets..
This sounds logical but would anyone else agree or relate??

Thanks.

Munchlet
25-07-12, 18:24
Hi there

I'm female but have peeing problems and have had on and off for years. I have exactly the same symptom you describe and have to get up sometimes 4-5 times in the night to pee and when I do there's hardly anything there.

I've also had infections ruled out, not diabetic etc and was told it was because I was worrying about it.

Interestingly enough it doesn't happen very often during the day which supports the theory as I'm usually quite busy and distracted.

There is something called irritable bladder syndrome which like Irritable Bowel can mimic symptoms of infections etc when in fact there is nothing wrong.

Unfortunately I think this is another one of those annoying anxiety symptoms and I'm sure your doctor is right.

Take Care

sebinkent
25-07-12, 18:30
Thanks Munchlet,

That's reassuring. It is annoying to say the least but quite fascinating that the mind can create such physical problems. When I worried about my lungs I had shortness of breath, when I worried about my heart I had palpitations, now that I'm worrying about my bladder and prostate, I am having all the symptoms of bladder infection, BHP, Prostatitis etc when really it is just the anxiety doing it all..

:mad:

abby38
25-07-12, 23:03
I can relate to this too. When I'm very anxious I always feel like I need to pee, its so annoying. Oh to feel normal again.