PDA

View Full Version : Hi NMP, just introducing myself

purplepie
25-07-12, 19:00
I am a 41 year old woman who has suffered panic attacks, general anxiety and now depression. It all started 10 years ago. I have always read up on stuff on the web and used these forums often to help make me feel so not alone. The past 2 years have been the worst after I finished work due company relocation and I have quite a few family worries and I split with my partner 9 months ago even though I still love him, we just weren't getting anywhere.
I started on Lofepramine last year and was on 140mg, but the side effects were getting me down and they weren't doing quite enough for my mood. I am just on day 10 of Prozac 20mg and not in a good way as the side effects are terrible and I feel void of feeling and seem to get annoyed with things for no reason and that isn't me normally.
I have joined to meet new people on line and also help myself with all the great information and postings from other memebers. x

nomorepanic
25-07-12, 19:11
Hi purplepie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

kittikat
25-07-12, 19:33
Hi & :welcome:

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time right now. You have come to the right place for information, help and support...some great people too. I hope you get what you need from being here.

Kitti :)

spuder
25-07-12, 20:14
hi and:welcome: to nmp i have been here 3 months ive met sum fantastic ppl here i hope u do too. pm me if u wanna chat

Jon1979
25-07-12, 20:21
Hello & :welcome:

Jon :)

Jojo98766
25-07-12, 21:58
When i first started prozac, I was getting those irritated symptoms too. They go away In 4-8 weeks, or by the time the medicine has time to kick in. And if you get suicide thoughts from the medicine, DON'T KILL YOURSELF!!!!!! Suicide thoughts actually mean the meds are working. xD

purplepie
26-07-12, 18:28
Thanks all for your hellos and advise. I have felt slightly better today, so I am hoping that the side effects are on there way out. I know it takes time buit when your feeling ill on top of your already anxious state, an hour feels like a lifetime.
I have a question, if I add posts to any of the threads in the forums, how do I go back into them to see if anyone has replied?

Serenitie
28-07-12, 03:22
Welcome purplepie. I have found this site to be incredibly helpful. You will receive invaluable support from this wonderfully supportive community :welcome: