PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever feel..

julieG
20-07-06, 11:58
Does anyone ever feel really really determined in their head, thinking
'stop this! you know what it is and that you are making it worse'. Really determined, yet the body wont give up the symptoms? This is happening to me today. I know the trick is not to be afraid of the symptoms as it prolongs them, and I dont think I am today, but still cant settle.

So very confusing.

Thanks, Julie x

pips
20-07-06, 12:03
Hi Julie,

Sorry you are having a bad day.

I know what you mean though. When my anxiety's playing up I often have a word or 2 or 3 etc LOL to tell it to STOP! Yet like yourself I find at times by body won't listen. So what i try to do is ignore it as best as I can and go into distraction mode and hopefully it pases.

I hope you feel ok soon hun.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

kris 1
20-07-06, 12:06
Hi Julie,
Yes sometimes i do,and sometimes it works for me but other times it makes it worse.I think by doing it you are telling yourself to expect the problem and to deal with it thus your mind brings it on.I guess we are all very sensitive people with overactive minds hence the reason we suffer so badly with this,the only thing that ever helps me is distractions.Hope you have a good day

Kris

Eclipse
20-07-06, 12:13
Julie,
Have given myself stern talkings to out loud sometimes...not just in my head!!!!! (only when no-one else is around though!!)[8)]
There's the part of me that knows what I want to do/ought to be doing but it would seem that the anxiety has the more forceful opinion.
Have got the better of it on occasion though, so I know I can do it!
You're certainly not alone in this!
take care
Magz
XX

scoobygirl2005
20-07-06, 12:27
Hi.

I know what you mean I sometimes feel like that. I have said to myself many times stop this its silly there is nothing to be afraid of etc. but it just doesn't seem to work! Perhaps the more times we say it the more we get used to it and may be able to overcome this? But I don't know.

Scooby2005
x x

Craig80
20-07-06, 12:34
it takes practice, eventually you will be in complete control and be anxiety free.

have you read any books at all?

julieG
20-07-06, 13:18
Thank you

Have read Claire Weekes Self Help for Your Nerves. I have it with me now - but my brain isnt working properly and I cant snap out of it today. And when I do for all of 5 minutes, it just comes right back at me again.

Was prescribed Citalopram last week but havent taken it yet. Ive had it before but dont know whether to take it again. Ive read the fors and againsts on this site and it serves only to confuse me more.

[Duh!]

Julie x

whatisitnow
20-07-06, 16:56
Yep, the only way i can actually rid myself of the pysical symptoms is to take a Diazapam pill. Its the only thing that totally chills me out (alcohol makes the symptom worse) & i only need one pill. But i havent got anymore of those & probably wouldnt get any off the doc so im not looking forward to the next symptom to spring up. Its the only thing that breaks the cycle for me. You can be thinking you know its all in your head but your body wont have none of it! Its nasty.
Caz xxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!