PDA

View Full Version : About me.

Jojo98766
25-07-12, 21:48
Well, I have a pretty long back story.

Here we go.

Lets start out with my phobias.
Claustrophobia WOW, I spelled that right without spell check! :)
This one I don't know the name of. I'm terrified of people seeing my finger and toenails. Weird right?
Agoraphobia
I am afraid of heights. What is that called?
Stage fright. Enough of the ignorance already Joelle!!

So yeah. My claustrophobia was triggered by a lot of things.
When I was little and I would hug my mom, as a joke she wouldn't let me go.
I would always get lost in the corn maze thingies, and I felt trapped and awful.
I'm particularly small, so people liked to see if I could fit in things. :/

My phobia that I don't know the name of is triggered by my dermatillomania.
Never heard of it? Of course not.
It's when you pick at your finger or toe nails and the skin around them. Sometimes people with it will eat the skin or nail, but I don't.
My nails are always short and oddly shaped from the dermatillomania, which makes me insecure.

Now, on with the stuff you might need but chances are you won't.

I'm on medication for depression, currently Fluxotine, or Prozac. 20 mg, if it matters.
I have pica. I eat paper, ice, and I will eat chalk sometimes if i have to. If I'm playing truth or dare and someone dares me to eat a chunk of dirt or whatever, I'll have a far easier time doing it than any other average person.

That's it. Thank you for taking the time to read my long back story.
You get a hug for that. :) :hugs:

If you are like me, (pica, dermatophagia, e.c.t.) please leave it down in the comments, if you can comment. If not, please find some way to contact me here on No More Panic.

Thanks again,
Joelle

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs::hugs::hugs:

nomorepanic
25-07-12, 21:58
Hi Jojo98766

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Jojo98766
25-07-12, 22:25
Please comment if you veiw

spuder
25-07-12, 22:49
hi welcome to nmp