PDA

View Full Version : Raised heart rate in Hot weather??

Thinkingimmad85
25-07-12, 21:55
Ok so I obsess about my heart rate and am on propranolol to keep it slower due to my panics and obsessions. It's boiling hot this evening and my heart rate is 84bpm and was 90bpm is this normal for hot weather? Frightened and obsessed again. x

Louise1234
25-07-12, 22:01
Hiya,

I always find my heart rate and 'panic feelings' always come on a lot more in the heat. i hate it. i used to love the summer but now i hate it because of the way it makes me feel. I hope that has put your mind a rest a bit, because it happenes to me too! xx

Thinkingimmad85
26-07-12, 01:15
Hiya,

I always find my heart rate and 'panic feelings' always come on a lot more in the heat. i hate it. i used to love the summer but now i hate it because of the way it makes me feel. I hope that has put your mind a rest a bit, because it happenes to me too! xx

Thanks Louise, it has helped me knowing I am not the only one. I too used to love the sunshine and warm weather but now I just dread it praying it cools down soon :-) x x

beautifulfreak77
26-07-12, 13:34
Hiya..I just wanted to say your not alone...I suffer with panic disorder and agoraphobia and I feel alot worse in the heat...It makes me feel more anxious and i dread the summer every year and then everyone thinks im a misery,i suppose they just dont get how it makes me feel...Like you i used to love the sunshine...Its meant to be cooling down over the weekend :D x x

Thinkingimmad85
26-07-12, 17:27
Hiya..I just wanted to say your not alone...I suffer with panic disorder and agoraphobia and I feel alot worse in the heat...It makes me feel more anxious and i dread the summer every year and then everyone thinks im a misery,i suppose they just dont get how it makes me feel...Like you i used to love the sunshine...Its meant to be cooling down over the weekend :D x x

I completely relate to people thinking I am a misery, I guess we can all relate to each other on this forum, something which I find comforting as I can't talk openly with people around me other than my husband, although I know he finds it a strain. So relieved its cooling down over the weekend, I can't wait for the winter lol. x

beautifulfreak77
26-07-12, 17:36
I completely relate to people thinking I am a misery, I guess we can all relate to each other on this forum, something which I find comforting as I can't talk openly with people around me other than my husband, although I know he finds it a strain. So relieved its cooling down over the weekend, I can't wait for the winter lol. x

yea i dont really have anyone to talk to..they just think im miserable..and i aint,well only when its hot like this haha..And i cant wait for winter too:yesyes: x

Louise1234
27-07-12, 11:05
That's the exact same as me, everyone thinks I'm always miserable but it's only because of this weather haha, and the same with me I have no one to talk to about it because now everyone just gets angry at me :/ I can't wait for the winter haha xx

beautifulfreak77
27-07-12, 11:36
At least we can talk about it on here and even giggle at ourselves...it is horrible tho..i dread summer every year,i spose we are lucky that we dont usually have much of a summer here...x x

VioletWings
28-07-12, 14:04
Totally with you on this, me and the heat don't mix. My symptoms heighten and well -I just can't tolerate certain temperatures! I resolved a few days ago (after having to get off a bus after two stops due to the heat!) that I'll aim to stay inside as much as poss when it's hot! We've had so much cooler weather this summer which I'm certainly thankful for!

vinnievince
28-07-12, 14:46
Same here, hot wheater make me feel A LOT more anxious and make my heart race very fast, also cant stand the sun at all and take also propanolol like you for my fast heart rate but it's not effective when it's too hot outside and have to go under the sun... Was used to lie under the sun for hours to get taining in the past and liked a lot hot wheater and sun but now I can't... I think anxiety is affecting me in that way now... that's annoying but not dangerous I guess... Keep faith ;-)

Ventussi
28-07-12, 16:03
I also have this. Now there's 32*C in my city and I feel like I'm dying or something. Although my heartbeat rate is ok now, if I only e.g. go for a walk, I have 120 and it takes a couple of hourse after I come back, to lower it. When it's cold, it's ok.

Louise1234
29-07-12, 12:47
Yep I'm glad to be able to talk about it on here and people not thinking we're stupid haha x

beautifulfreak77
29-07-12, 14:35
its quite weird how much anxiety effects all different things aint it...and no one else i know can understand it they think im making it up or being ridiculous...its totally ruining my life..even down to little things like i can only eat/drink or use things that are a certain make,like if someone buys me a bottle of juice its gotta be certain makes or i wont drink it!!! god it drives me nuts...its no life living like this!!!...xx