PDA

View Full Version : Not again..help!!

Sparkle_
26-07-12, 01:51
Earlier I picked up my bowl from dinner which contained rice and I accidentally touched a grain of it. Now yet again I'm worrying about getting food poisoning from it, even though I know that's really stupid. I used a TON of hand sanitiser thinking that will get rid of the germs for some reason. Please tell me that touching rice that's been out isn't going to make me sick, eating it will.

And now I bet I'll have a upset stomach AGAIN because of worrying. I can't stop it. I get in this endless cycle of worrying and googling for really stupid things.

abby38
26-07-12, 09:27
Touching rice will not give you food poisoning. I have eaten cold rice many times, I'm sure its reheating it which causes bacteria. Try not to worry.

dancingfrog
26-07-12, 09:38
I have touched and eaten cold rice, dozens of times I have also reheated it in the micro, which is supposedly bad more times than I have eaten it cold. I think its nearly impossible to get food poisoning from touching, you will be fine xx

imissnotworrying
26-07-12, 12:51
i used to microwave the rice from takeaways and eat it again, my food technology teacher in school said you're not supposed to, but it never caused me any problem, so i really doubt touching a bit of rice will :)

Sparkle_
26-07-12, 21:40
Well it's been over 12 hours and I'm fine so I guess everything's going to be alright. Thanks so much for reassuring me :hugs:

nomorepanic
26-07-12, 23:56
You can only get food poisoning from eating food not touching it