PDA

View Full Version : difference between health anxiety and actually something wrong

phil0910
26-07-12, 11:25
waking up every day with new sympton panic or concern sucks sick of it feel like cant enjoy nice weather with my sons, how do we know difference between health anxiety sympton and something serious?
i seem to have lot of neuro issues tingles and throbbing in arms jaw shoulders i told doctor its as if he didnt hear me also constant shaky hands and out of breathe. how do we distinguish difference?

and when will doctor take us seriously?

xxx

matrix123
26-07-12, 12:06
I'm new to this...but the symptoms that come and go..move from one place to another are typical for anxiety. On the other hand when something is really wrong the symptom doesn't change from day to day...although in some cases even anxiety can be behind specific symptoms that persist for days or weeks (and even months) if you're focused in that symptom all the time...

meche
26-07-12, 12:28
This worries me too because when I do get symptoms they are always in the same place and always on my right side.
The way I tend to play it is if I'm in so much pain I can't function or if I can't suddenly move an arm, leg, etc - then something MUST be wrong. Like you Phil, I have alot of neuro symptoms and when I first went to my doctor she couldn't find anything wrong. The symptoms are very real so how can nothing be wrong???? I still struggle to believe it's all anxiety but what can I do. I can still function, eat and carry on with life so it must be! xx

phil0910
26-07-12, 13:04
good point with the symptons moving around but i have the left sided neck jaw and shoulder pain every day some days constant others not as bad is it possible this could be wind related?

sheryl xx

Liviguy
26-07-12, 13:29
More probably due to you being constantly tensed up affecting your muscles.