PDA

View Full Version : New here - Could do with some help please.

abby38
26-07-12, 13:40
Hi, I have gotten myself into a bit of a state over the last ten days or so. I have had panic and anxiety attacks for years and think I have had every symptom going:wacko:

Since having my baby 18 months ago my back hasnt been right but over the last couple of weeks I have had severe burning in my buttocks, pain in my legs and feel very heavy in my private area and bottom. I've managed to convince myself I have cancer down there and I have been worrying myself sick. Went to the dr and was just asked if my bowels are ok, bladder ok etc etc and said she's not really concerned as no bleeding, severe pain etc etc. She said it could be a trapped nerve but how could a trapped nerve affect that area. It really hasnt put my mind at rest at all.

Could I be making these symptoms worse because I'm focusing on them too much and worrying about them constantly? I just dont understand how being anxious about it could cause me real pain. I totally get the shortness of breath, dizziness and countless other things I get as have had them for a long time.

Sorry to waffle on but I'm a single mum of two and I hate this. I try to hide it and act normal in front of my children but I constantly have a knot in my stomach and could burst into tears at the thought of something happening to me and leaving my kids :weep:

Thanks in advance of any replies xx

ell1877
26-07-12, 15:48
Hi Hun

Firstly you'd be surprised what pains you can get just from thinking about them it's not un common to get pains down below the doctors aren't very good sometimes at helping people with ha

I have had most things going or at least in my mind I have lol it's not a joking matter tho as it drives you insane doesn't it
I know what you mean about the kids I do have a partner but my lil boy is a mummy's boy and the thought of leaving him behind scares me stupid :-(

I really feel for you it's not easy is it do you have people around you to help you?

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about down below focusing on it is making it feel real that's all you don't always know if you trap nerves remember it could be anything

Always here if you need a chat xx

Liviguy
26-07-12, 15:54
The constant feeling of things being wrong just make it worse. If you focus on something hard enough it will be there. Like if I focus on having a sore head, I will end up with a sore head.

abby38
26-07-12, 16:01
Thank you so much for your replies :-).

I do joke about it or I may go insane, I always tell my family I'm a nut job. They are great and do listen to me but I tend to keep most of it to myself so I dont drive them insane as well as myself lol. I have spent so many nights pacing around having damn panic and anxiety attacks and Im so sick of it.

I think the time may be nearing to go back on meds. They did help a little but came off them when I was pregnant with my son. Was great for a couple of months after having him and now it's all back with a vengeance.. big sigh.

Thank you again appreciate it xx

Liviguy
26-07-12, 16:11
You feel like a nutjob.

I remember thinking I was the only one in the world who was like this and felt like I was going insane.

Once I learned what I had was anxiety it did help me. Althoughthe sensations and feelings are there I know what causes most of them.

Hypo
26-07-12, 17:32
I convinced myself I had some kind of cancer down below and I started getting just what you described. When I went onto oral cancer it stopped and the pain started in my mouth.

When we are anxious we end up with all sorts of aches and pains in the area we are worrying about.

Also.. things do feel different after having kids sometimes, and the more you have the more things change. I get a lot more pains in my bottom and a heavy pressure feeling since I had my third child. muscles get weaker, especially pelvic floors and depending where I am in my cycle I get off and on pressure down below too. Especially when I have piles ;)

So if the GP isn't worried I would say it's a mixture of normal changes us women get after children and plain old anxiety which can cause huge physical changes.