PDA

View Full Version : Not alone in feeling lonely!

Lemlog
26-07-12, 19:27
Hi guys. So this is all new to me. Not used to talking about my feelings and I've never put anything on a forum. I'm only really putting something down so I can use the chat room. Kind of annoying that I have to wait 5 days. I'm feeling very lonely and down tonight so it would have been nice to chat to likeminded people. So background info for anyone who cares- I'm 24 nearly 25. I suffer with depression and social anxiety. I'm not sure which came first. Finally made an appointment for CBT recently so Im waiting to be fixed! Not on any meds for depression although I should be. I'm pretty good at burying my head in the sand. Incredibly lonely these days. I feel like I should be out every weekend with friends like everyone else. Deep down I know there are a lot of other lonely people out there but sometimes I feel as though I'm the only one. I'm not very good at making friends. I suppose thats an affect of the social anxiety. Typical! Anyway if anybody out there is still reading this and feels lonely too then please say hi!

nomorepanic
26-07-12, 19:38
Hi Lemlog

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JonoClouds
26-07-12, 19:47
Hello Lemlog

I too was annoyed by the 5 day wait. It's probably to deter trolls, though a couple of days would be sufficient, I'd have thought.
Anyway, I have depr with anxiety and this site looks like one of the best around right now, especially for UK people. Nothing against USA, mind you, but this site really is so much better when you can chat with others in Manchester, Edinburgh, Nottingham etc.
I joined about 3 weeks ago.

The chat room is generally quite busy in the evening (though only 2 are in there right now!) and it is worth the trouble. Hope to chat with you there soon!

Jono

Liviguy
27-07-12, 18:20
Hello and welcome.

Serenitie
28-07-12, 03:18
Welcome Lemlog. I have found this site to be incredibly helpful. You will receive invaluable support from this wonderfully supportive community :welcome: