PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone give me advice please?

littleOwl
27-07-12, 15:45
Hi, can anyone give me advice please I don't know what to do. I'm very worried I might have something wrong with me because I can't stop worrying and i'm so afraid I won't go to the doctor's just in case they do tell me there is something wrong, but I can't shake the feeling of being nervous and anxious. I keep having headaches, sweating, and uneasy stomachs with heart palpitations. Quite frankly it's scaring the life out of me. I haven't got the guts to ring anyone or talk to anyone in my family I feel so lost but it's only when I'm on my own. It's almost as if I'm living two lives it's really strange. It happened to me last year as well. During sept - may term I am in University so I have to go out to classes but during any free time off I stay in my house and I won't go out unless it is with my fiancé, mother or sister, anybody else and I won't do it. I am currently in the house it is boiling hot and I got all the windows closed, curtains closed and I found myself earlier crawling underneath the window because my next door neighbour was outside just so she couldn't see me its ridiculous. I know it sounds over the top but it's getting a bit extreme and I don't know what to do. I've even got sweaty palms and my breathing has changed just be writing this post. Please help any advice would be appreciated.

theharvestmouse
27-07-12, 18:54
How are you in university classes, do you feel OK there? It sounds a bit like social anxiety to me, I recognised and share similar habits to yourself.

Have you been to a doctor about this? I would if you have not already.

littleOwl
27-07-12, 19:00
I'm feel okay in University if I am not centre of attention. I quite happily sit at the back, but if it's a lesson where the lecturer asks people questions then im anxious and sweating all lesson and can't wait to get out of there.
I haven't been to the doctors because they make me feel stupid and intimidating. I had this for a while and im really hoping I can sort it on my own for next year because I am graduating and have a lot of presentations to do and the way im going I wont be coming out of the house.

theharvestmouse
27-07-12, 19:05
That's just like me, I can't stand being the centre of attention, even if its just with a few people watching. You really should seek help, ask to see a doctor of your preference. Don't just put it off and hope it goes away because unless you do something then it will not go away. I'm speaking from experience.

littleOwl
27-07-12, 19:08
Thanks for the advice. I have been taking all the anxiety self tests and they all come back with either moderate-severe anxiety so maybe I should go, but it's so hard and I have no will power. But thank you x