PDA

View Full Version : Urinary issues. Fear of cancer

BubblegumUK
27-07-12, 17:11
Hi i haven't posted here in ages but anyway...

2 months ago i was prescribed trazadone to help with my depression. It reacted with my Olanzapine and i had a very bad experince. Rashes, severe dizzyness and i was unable to urinate. I had to have a catheta fitted for a whole week, it was excruciatingly painful when going in and out. I eventually began to urinate fine for the next month.

A month ago i was prescibed citalopram instead, now, i had the same issue again, it left it very difficult to urinate, by the 4th day it was very very hard and so i stopped the tablets. Note, that with the citalopram it happened gradually, but, i stopped it and the urinating returned to normal

now in the past 3 days i have had trouble going again but i'm not on any other tablets. I'm so paranoid i have some kind of cancer, or something seriously wrong with me. I'm also mindful of the fact that i'm very fearful of not being able to urinate so i'm not sure wether there is actually something wrong, or wether its all in my head.

I try to go whenever i feel the slightest possibility that i might wee which i don't think i used to do before i got paranoid 3 days ago. It's driving me mad, i'm constantly thinking about having something wrong downstairs and i know the fear of it isn't helping me relax when i go.

It takes a while to go, maybe 5 seconds or so, sometimes up to 10 before anything will happen. But i do remember going to the toilet in the middle of the night and i didn't really have any problems, so maybe not thinking about it is the key. I just can't shift the idea of i have prostate cancer or something. I'm a 31 year old male if that makes any difference.

Has anybody else had urinary issues? or paranoid they have cancer in the bowel area? I'm tempted to go to the doctor but am scared they'll find something wrong. I'm hoping the problem will go away but i'm so paranoid :weep:

Thankyou

Louise36
30-07-12, 16:27
Really don't think you have anything to worry about as you've said that when you don't think about it you can urinate easily. The brain is a powerful thing. Do you have blood in urine? Does it look like a rusty colour???

Techo
30-07-12, 18:00
Not every symptom is a cancer symptom. If you dont have bllod in urine, dont worry. Contact your doctor just to be sure.
If you are so nervous, you could get some disease for real.