PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is back

Tara78
28-07-12, 11:50
I have had 6 months with no anxiety. Probably the longest time in years. The past 3 days I have felt so anxious. I'm feeling so upset that it's back, when a small naive part of me thought maybe I'd beaten it finally.
I was off work a couple of years ago when it finally manifested in to a period of depression. I'd never spoken about it with anyone before, but I finally did then and it was a huge relief. Now that I have I feel like I can't talk about it with anyone again as I'm just a drain and dull.
I'm not really sure what I'm asking for here, it's my first time on a forum ever. I just feel very alone

BobbyDog
28-07-12, 13:01
You are not alone Tara78, most of us here have been in your situation, you know that you can beat the anxiety/depression, you have done it before! Hopefully by joining NMP you will be able to open up about how you feel without being judged.:welcome:

Estranged
29-07-12, 02:28
Hi Tara
Welcome to this great forum, I'm in the same boat as you, no anxiety for a long while, so I figured it's gone, stopped my cipralex for two months, back they came.

Day 6 of my cipralex, doing ok, but now focused on every pain , eg teeth sensitivty and can't get it out of my head.

Estranged

Tara78
29-07-12, 13:56
Thank you both for your kind words.
Have had a good night, but today is back again. I suppose that's a good thing as its coming and going and not here the whole time like when its at its worse.

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad again Estranged. First couple of weeks back on anti depressants are so hard, but hopefully it'll settle down for you soon. Is such a shame that the things that help and make you better eventually have to put you through so much beforehand.

I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time at the moment and not let my mind run away with those horrid racing thoughts.

Is good to be able to share on here - so thank you again x

geronimo
29-07-12, 16:58
Hello there anxiety can Creep back into your life at any moment even after a long absence this has happens to me many times I have now realised after many on off years with anxiety the key is not to fight when it returns just roll with it accept it's there as if to say oh! Your back again are you?well do your worst I'm not fighting with you anymore and you will see it loses it's impact when I get a bout of anxiety now I know that it's just anxiety nothing more and just accept it if I feel bad just live with it and it lose it's power more and more you don't fight it ihope this helps you :)

Tara78
11-08-12, 13:50
Geronimo - I got a lot from what you said. I decided to just be with it and it helped to keep telling myself that it would pass and to treat it like a blip. The extra anxiety comes i think when I panic that it's back for good, and also panic that it might be the time it gets as bad as 'the really bad time'.
So thank you again - i'm so glad i joined this forum.
:D