PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Lugoman
20-07-06, 21:20
Hi, I am new here.

I've been experiencing social anxiety my entire life (39 yrs old), and I'm beginning to see the absurdity of it but I just cannot help it. When I'm in social situations my mind just seems to fog over and I cannot piece together a coherent thought. I've never taken part in a forum of this type before and I'm feeling a little silly just typing my thoughts here.

Anyhow, I hope to overcome this someday. I've tried seeing a counselor once and it felt very uncomfortable, she didn't seem to believe that I'm having difficulties. Oh well, I look forward to comparing notes with others here and hopefully get some tips on how to cope with this.

nomorepanic
20-07-06, 21:22
Welcome aboard.

You will soon settle in here and meet some fab people and get some great support.

Feel free to ask any questions you want to

Nicola

scoobygirl2005
20-07-06, 21:37
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

jackie
20-07-06, 21:45
hi

hope you can get some relief here just to know you are not alone

take care

jackie

trac67
20-07-06, 21:49
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

polly daydream
20-07-06, 23:54
Hi Lugoman and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

Children_of_God
21-07-06, 00:16
hello, and welcome to the forums it's great and the people r so nice. if u ever really need to talk pm me. Michelle xXx.

manmoor
21-07-06, 01:26
Hi There,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

eeyorelover
21-07-06, 03:21
Hi there and welcome to the forum :)
Don't worry about seeming silly when posting. We are all here to support each other. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to post :)
xxx
Sandy

Lugoman
21-07-06, 03:56
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

giddy
21-07-06, 06:56
Hello and welcome to the forum
love helen

chucklehound
21-07-06, 13:26
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

RunsFromBugs
21-07-06, 14:27
Hi Lugoman,

Welcome to the forum!
I'm sorry your first counseling try didn't go well. Have you tried others? I had to hunt around to find a good one. But it's worth the effort if you need help!

Karen
21-07-06, 17:43
Hi Lugoman

Welcome to the forum.

I too have social phobia and have found the support from members of this site has helped me enormously. I went from not seeing or speaking to anyone to meeting other members at meet ups last summer. It's not easy but it is do-able.

You'll find we are a friendly bunch here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

wobily_lin
21-07-06, 20:43
Hi Lugoman,

A big welcome to the site mate. You will find some great support and understanding on this site. Nice to have u on board.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx