PDA

View Full Version : Plse help panicing

ella32
28-07-12, 17:59
Hi im starting to panic cause was using nail varnish to paint nails and i was drinking tea anyway i accidentally inhaled the fumes from the varnish on my nails in through mouth wen i was drinking and now i can taste the varnish and im scared in case it dangerous . I googled which has only made me worse.. Help anyone

JonoClouds
28-07-12, 18:03
No need to panic, the amount of fumes inhaled will be way, way below the amount needed to harm you.
You need to be inhaling concentrated vapour for a fair while before any harm occurs.
It does not make things worse if it's through your mouth, so please relax!

All the best

Jono

ella32
28-07-12, 18:12
Thanks jono i hate this anxiety it is hard to get control of. I just hate that i can taste it and it getting to me. I didnt mean to inhale it cause i find nail varnish smell very strong and i hate the smell of it. Im trying to relax and deep breathe but it hard rite now. Thanks

PanchoGoz
28-07-12, 18:21
As Jono said, no harm from that. But remember that if anything bad happened to you, you will cope. A big part of recovery for me was seeing that there was no point in me fearing illness, misfortune or accidents as if they did happen which they ineveitably will in life, I know that I would maybe be in pain for a while, but I will cope, and I will recover and I will even have a cool story to tell friends and I will have experienced something new in life. If you catch your scared thoughts like "what will happen if I inhale this, oh no" you can correct them and reason them. If you inhaled varnish and it harmed you (which it definately wouldn't but fot the purposes of correcting negetive thoughts...) then you can tell yourself "oh well! So what if it does! If I begin to feel very unwell I will call an ambulance calmly and get it sorted". Then, with a smile and a drop of your shoulders you will find you can get on with your day without the fear returning as you don't fear it as much. On the other hand, if you try not to think about the fear, it will stick in your head, so that is much worse.

ella32
28-07-12, 18:39
Thank you . I am trying to change negative thoughts but i find this the hardest part . I constantly have negative thoughts which make the anxiety worse . Im in the process of learning to just let them pass, easier said than done sometimes.

PanchoGoz
28-07-12, 19:17
Remember to have confidence in yourself, look at the thoughts as just thoughts, that is all they are, stand tall, smile, take a deep breath out and carry on with your day. Just keep at it and make it a habit :)