PDA

View Full Version : mad mole

chevychaser
20-07-06, 23:02
Hi all......was just wondering if many of you were concerned about moles or if a doctor has recommended taking any off "just to be on the safe side". I went for skin scan the other day and a mole that I had checked 6 months ago has had some changes and now the doc says it has to come off. He said he didn't think it was cancerous but he wanted "to be sure" He said the mole was unstable and now I can't help but worry that there's that possibility that it's a malignant melanoma. I know a lot of people on here are from Britain where this thing is more rare but here in Australia is the worst country in the world for melanomas and liek many others....I've been burnt heaps of times. I just want to know really if anyone has had moles removed that were OK. Thanks

anxious
20-07-06, 23:26
Hiya,

i had a mole i was concerned about looked at and they decided to take a biopsy which came back inconclusive. They then decided to remove it and it was ok. BUT its now grown back!!! Still ok though. Its a simple procedure and im sure they do it just to be on the safe side.

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

eeyorelover
20-07-06, 23:48
Hi there :)
I've had several removed and all have come back ok. It is a really quick procedure but I was scared shi@less before I went. All turned out ok tho so try not to worry :)
xxx
Sandy

Piglet
21-07-06, 09:18
I've had one done too - not a scary procedure as they usually numb the area first. I didn't like waiting for the results though (hate waiting) it was all fine and I wouldn't hestitate to do it again if I was worried about any moles.

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

whatisitnow
21-07-06, 14:11
Never had a mole removed yet. But ive got freckles on my arms that are now all merged together, so ive now got brown patches on my arms. I am thinking thats sun damage too.
My mums had moles removed and they were fine.
Sounds like yours has been watched so im sure it will be fine.
Caz xxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

Daisybun
21-07-06, 14:18
I've never had a mole removed but a couple of my friends have and they were Ok

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'