PDA

View Full Version : Can't turn brain off

clairity
28-07-12, 18:32
Hi,
I haven't been on this site in well over a year. I have been doing great and dealing with little issues as and when they come up. Its been tough as I moved away for uni and left my fiancé back home in Scotland while I am in England. Its hard being away and I thought we had been coping, we have even put down a deposit for a wedding venue but we have been fighting for the last 2 weeks or so about everything. It started when he said he wanted to push back the wedding and I felt he was telling me that was what was happening as opposed so having a discussion about it. It has spiralled out of control and today he is telling me he wants to 'focus on himself for a while'. Am I reading too much into this? He keeps saying it over and over again and I have asked where this leaves us and he gets all defensive, doesn't answer the question properly and has said nothing has changed. I just feel so anxious about everything. We have been together for 5 years with 1 blip in the middle and I just don't know where I stand. If someone said to you they needed to focus on 'me' and not 'us' how would you read that? Sometimes I think that I think too much and that I am a victim of my own brain but I just can't shake the feeling of dread. I feel so alone. He doesn't even want to talk on the phone properly. I feel like I am losing my best friend.

Sorry for the long post. I just needed to offload :(