PDA

View Full Version : cancer

Em.ma
28-07-12, 22:50
hello
ive had a weird feeling in an ear which comes and goes like an itch but not best way to describe it but i just started pankicikng over it
also just got some few seconds pain in a butt cheek lol

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

its odd
im so scared
its not an itch but it is i cant explain it i think its a tumuor growing i feel like i have to scratch it when the feeling comes not anxiety anxious now no feeling

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

i have to itch to get the odd feeling to go but its not an itch nearly in tears over it

suzy-sue
28-07-12, 22:56
About cancer of the ear
Cancer of the ear is a rare cancer. Most of these cancers start in the skin of the outer ear. About 5 out of 100 skin cancers develop on the ear. Those that develop inside the ear are very rare. Less than 1 in every million people in the UK will develop cancer in the middle ear each year.

Causes of ear cancer
Cancers of the outer ear usually develop in the skin of the ear. The cause of most skin cancers is long term exposure to the sun. Most cancers develop on the top part of the ear, called the helix.

The cause of cancers in the middle ear is unknown. People with a history of chronic ear infections have a higher risk of developing cancer in the ear. Chronic means for 10 years or more.

Symptoms of cancer of the ear
The symptoms of cancer of the ear depend on where the tumour is within the ear. Some people may also have swollen lymph nodes in their neck.

Outer ear – the main symptom is a spot or sore that doesn’t heal within 4 weeks. Most squamous cell cancers are pink lumps that have a hard scaly surface. They often bleed easily and ulcerate. If you have mole on your ear you should report any changes, such as the mole growing, itching or bleeding.

Middle ear – the most common symptom is a discharge from the ear which may be blood stained. Other symptoms include hearing loss and earache. Occasionally people cannot move their face on the side of the affected ear.

Inner ear – pain including a headache, hearing loss, tinnitus and dizziness.

As you can see Em-ma you do not present symptoms of a tumour ...Prob just wax ...As for the pain in the Bum ..I have this constantly ,due to my back ..It can be caused by nerves ..Nothing to worry about ..Relax and enjoy your evening ..Luv Sue x

Em.ma
29-07-12, 19:04
hiya thanks sue that helped still getting the feelings trying hard to let it go though
also just got a pain behind the ear and on the ear not the lobe but the skin around the ear ;/

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Got the pain behind ear again

Louise36
30-07-12, 16:23
I get itchy war feeling a lot and just put it down to hayfever or just an itchy ear!!! I really wouldn't let this one overtake you as it's sooooo unlikely to be anything. Remember our brains can make these pains, aches, itches.

Liviguy
30-07-12, 16:26
Hi Emma.

Really, the odds of you having ear cancer are around 60,000,000,000 to 1.

My ear started to itch right after reading your post lol