PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

jim1975
29-07-12, 10:10
Hi

I'm 36 and I've suffered from Anxiety and bouts of Depression since I was 18. My mum suffers from severe Depression and my biological Father (never met) suffers from Manic Depression.

My life has had it's ups and downs to say the least but I am now very happily married (nearly 9 years) and we have an amazing little girl who's 5.

I have joined this forum because it has always been very therapeutic for me to share what I feel and think. It would be very nice to talk to other people who are living with similar conditions - it's very easy to feel like I'm the only person in the world with anxiety/ depression.

I have been taking Citalopram (40mg) for about 4 years which is keeping depression at bay but recently my anxiety levels have been high. I'm not sure if Citalopram is as effective for me as it used to be..

I look forward to some replies!

Cheers

Jim :yesyes:

nomorepanic
29-07-12, 10:20
Hi jim1975

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
29-07-12, 10:25
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

I would see the doc about your meds , perhaps you need a change ?