PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?!

chrisduff
29-07-12, 10:34
Morning everyone. I know the mind is a very powerful thing but I often find it hard to believe what it is actually capable of! Is it possible to feel symptoms of a new 'illness' that you only just heard of the other day?! I'm so exhausted with all this:-( x

janielee
29-07-12, 11:06
Oooooooo sorry to see your having a hard time with it all I too have done the same some one only has to say hay fever I feel every symptom and more!!!!

rockydog
29-07-12, 13:32
Yes definitely i only have to catch the news and hear about someone and a few symptoms and i have it within hours or link the ones i have to it lol
not as bad now but used to literally have to block my ears if anyone started listed symptoms :)

chrisduff
29-07-12, 14:52
Thanks for your replies. I just can't seem to rationalise anything:-( I'm not the only one that's like that then, my whole family know not to mention any symptoms of any illness to me, even if I hear about someone who is ill it puts me into a panic! Hope you are all having an ok day x

Liviguy
30-07-12, 09:32
It's crap isn't it. Since getting referred to the hospital for an endoscopy and colonoscopy in a couple of weeks I have started getting stomach pains. Never had them before until this cropped up.

willous1
30-07-12, 09:38
This is one of anxiety's annoying things. When I used to be worried over HIV, I used to suddenly feel like I have a cold, have a sore throat etc. The mind is incredibly powerful. After having a worry about exposure of asbestos recently I have had a funny feeling in the throat since as I thought it would be a symptom. Turns out asbestos does not cause that but my brain led me to believe it does and there it is. I could go on and on.