PDA

View Full Version : Big Thank you to everyone in the chatroom last night

venusbluejeans
29-07-12, 13:51
Just want to say a big Thank you to those in chat last around quiz time....NOT!!

A few people need to realise the work that goes into a Saturday evening Quiz night, it is not just a case of Lisa/Froggy/Me and Nic turning up on the evening and asking a few questions and that is it.

Personally I do not care that last nights quiz had to be cancelled due to lack of numbers, as I understand that people are doing other things etc.

But it was the being ignored when we cancelled it that did hurt, the fact that no one seemed to care anyway if we were there or not or if we had the quiz or not.....so thanks guys you made Nic and I feel really appreciated last night by just about totally ignoring us.

I would have hated to be someone new coming into chat last night and made to feel the way Nic and I were.

A lot of people would soon complain if the Quiz nights were cancelled permanently, so maybe have a think as to how you treat people in there and how your actions will make them feel.

So thank you again :lac:

and Elen :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Magic
29-07-12, 14:14
I have never joined in on the quiz night. mainly bescause I might make a fool of myself. Is it answering questions? and there is a winner like the pub quizes?
I maybe will have a go :doh:

Granny Primark
29-07-12, 21:23
I used to go in the quiz magic a few years ago. However I got fed up of winning and decided it was time I let others have a chance.:shades::D:winks::whistles:
And if you believe that youl believe anything.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::rofl mao::roflmao::roflmao:

No seriously I used to go in quiz and if I got 3 right id be dancing round the floor.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
But it is good fun.
Hope you and your family are doing well magic.

london
29-07-12, 22:14
never known there be no quiz-- mind you chat is dead a lot now
god bless

PanchoGoz
29-07-12, 23:57
I think I need to go in chat and spice things up a bit. Its just I'm not down with the kids though...

macc noodle
30-07-12, 06:55
I very very rarely come into chat now but on the odd occasion I have done, i have been lucky enough to find a couple of people who will chat :-)

I hope that whoever was in chat and ignored Nic and V realise that it costs nothing to be polite to EVERYONE in there and that without Nic and her team this site would not exist for any of us!

Granny Primark
30-07-12, 19:08
I feel sad about the chatroom. Its not anyones fault but I think its a pity that the chatroom isnt as popular as it used to be.
I could be so down and then id go into chat and end up crying with laughter.
Forgive me if im wrong but I think most people are using fb instead of seeking help with the people that truly understand.
Nmp and its members have been my lifeline for the last few years.
Hugs to all that keep this wonderful site going.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

PanchoGoz
30-07-12, 21:51
So what time is this quiz? I'll be there. I'm starting to like the chatroom!

bottleblond
30-07-12, 21:56
Every Saturday night at 9pm :D

PanchoGoz
30-07-12, 22:26
It's a date! I'll try to sober up by 9. :whistles:

bottleblond
31-07-12, 22:39
It's a date! I'll try to sober up by 9. :whistles:

No don't sober up :roflmao:

blue moon
01-08-12, 00:00
I try to make quiz but always near over when I arise in the morning.

yvonne_uk_98
01-08-12, 14:49
I never go to the quiz, as its finished when my sabbath is over. maybe when the darker nights come, I'll join the quiz. hardly go to chat room, only go in chat room when helping someone. when I've went into chat room people have been lovely. so sorry that some people can be rude and not talk to ya.

flossie
02-08-12, 20:22
Well I guess that I am one of those your post is targeted at. I was late going into chat with the intention of joining the quiz, about 20 minutes late. There was only a handful of members in chat, I remember that Nic was there very briefly, sorry I can't remember who else was there.
No, I didn't comment as I could read that the quiz had been cancelled. I felt no need to question it. It was there for me to see, admittedly not for long.
I think it is obvious to all who take part how much work goes into the quiz. Any time I have joined in the quiz master has always been thanked for that work.
I have no idea what happened in chat before I entered so cannot comment on that but I feel quite sad at the tone of the original post. It truly doesn't encourage me to join in the quiz night again. Raise the issue of lack of participants and if it is to continue then it would be appreciated if members take part, yes, but why would anyone want to join in if they are to be berated in such a manner, especially the new members who were perhaps toying with the idea of trying the quiz. It isn't going to give them confidence in finding a friendly and supportive bunch of new friends there.

nomorepanic
02-08-12, 20:39
Flossie - it wasn't aimed at you at all.

There were 6 or 8 people in chat at the time and I kept asking who was coming to quiz and only one member replied. Then more came in and again I kept asking who was going to quiz or we would cancel it. The conversations just carried on over the top of me.

So I said we would give it 10 minutes to see if anyone else went in a few more did so I kept asking who was going so I would know if it was worth running or not.

No replies again so Emmz and I decided to cancel it and I apologised to members in the room etc etc and was still completely ignored and talked over.

The same happened to Emmz as well so we came out feeling completely ignored and all it would have taken was a few replies to let us know we were being listened to.

The quiz is usually a fantastic laugh but last Saturday we both found chat not a very welcoming place to be.

nomorepanic
02-08-12, 20:41
it wasn't just us being ignored either - thettube came in and was ignored so left in the end

oh no_1
02-08-12, 20:56
i um am scared about the quiz... and was really bad other weekend... but have tried the quiz a couple of times and appreciate the support. alot of work goes into this site... there is lots of info im constantly reading up on stuff on here even though i dont go in the chat anymore.

flossie
02-08-12, 21:58
OK Nic. Thanks for explaining the situation to me. Apologies if I offended.

nomorepanic
02-08-12, 21:59
Quiz will be back on this Saturday so let's hope it goes ahead this time and please do come along Flossie

flossie
03-08-12, 08:00
There really isn't anything to be scared about in the quiz room Jem. It is all just a bit of fun. It doesn't matter if you don't know the answer. You also do not have to answer any of the questions if you don't want to. You will be amongst friends there.
Don't forget that you are not alone in feeling anxious. This is why we are all here together, helping each other through those anxious spells.

spuder
09-08-12, 12:03
i find this very sad nic i love the quiz but i was away for 2 saturdays what is wrong with sum ppl u work ur butt of doing the quiz