PDA

View Full Version : Have I ever not had anxiety?

clairity
29-07-12, 18:39
I have had a lot of time to think today after a very very long conversation with my partner, trying to fix things and eventually making them worse. I had a period of depression 2 and a half years ago after the breakdown of our relationship and I fought it and overcame it and we worked together to fix our problems and have been happy since....or so I thought. We are in a period of long distance at the moment and have been for almost 2 years after I got accepted onto a uni course but something he said to me keeps ringing in my head. He said he has spent the last 2 years picking me up and keeping me going whenever there were problems with my course work, friends etc. Am I an anxious person, I automatically think the worst in every situation, I find it very hard to be positive about myself but I thought that picking each other up was something that people in relationships do

Is my negativity coming from anxiety? Fear of failure? Fear of the unknown? How do I deal with this?

Sorry for going on again

suzy-sue
30-07-12, 01:35
Hi ..ITS possibly a combination of things causing it .Have you been offered any CBT therapy ?as I do think it wou;d be a great benefit to you ..You need to discuss all this with your GP and he can refer you ...t/c Sue

clairity
31-07-12, 11:58
Hi. Ive not spoken to a doctor regarding anything of this nature in more than 2 years. I made the decision with her to come off the tablets and I was doing a lot better and although I had been seeing a councillor I didn't feel like it was doing me any good, I didn't connect with the woman at all. I dont know if I am ready to face the doctors again as its such a hard thing to talk about and a lot of doctors do think its all just in peoples heads, mind the pun. Ive always been the sort of person to avoid the doctors unless it was an emergent situation but I'm pushing 30. Surely I should be able to deal with these things by now xxx