PDA

View Full Version : Hi new to the forum

Micky_Scotland
29-07-12, 21:09
Hi there

I am 35 years old and had my first panic attack 7 weeks ago. Probably the most frightening experience of my life, I had been under a great deal of stress and work and in my home life and my father had suffered a heart attack (he survived) 1 month previous so obviously I thought all of the symptoms I was experiencing meant I was going through the same. Long story short 7 weeks on I still don't feel 100% (Experiencing shoulder stiffness which both my Dr and massage therapist have stated is due to tension, indigestion and "air hunger") and cant shake the feeling that my symptoms are cardiac related despite two trips to the ER for ECG's (Both perfect) a cholesterol and liver function blood test (perfect) and a trip to a cardiologist paid for by myself privately where I was tested and given a treadmill ECG showing everything perfect. Some days are better than others but I believe I now have what I have read to be "Cardiophobia" and am bodywatching to the extent that I am feeling every twinge in my body and checking my BP (Consistently 120-127 over 75-80) over 5 times a day. Feel this is crippling my work and home life and any advice on therapies etc would be greatly appreciated and my sympathies to anyone suffering from Panic in any way, it truly is a life changing experience:sofa:

blue October
29-07-12, 21:21
Hi Micky

I had never heard of air hunger, so for my sins i googled it and found this
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19835

Enjoy the site lots of nice peeps here.

BO

nomorepanic
29-07-12, 21:22
Hi Micky_Scotland

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Micky_Scotland
29-07-12, 21:33
Hi Nicola, many thanks for the welcome! Blue October thanks for your reply, yep I had never heard of air hunger either but been doing a lot of self diagnosing over google lately (silly I know) and I am a bit of an expert on it now, started my first yoga class last week in an effort to help correct my breathing/posture:)

shaka
29-07-12, 21:43
Hi Micky Scotland
:welcome: you will make good friend's here.

Vanilla Sky
29-07-12, 23:20
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Serenitie
30-07-12, 02:57
Hello & welcome! :welcome::hugs: