PDA

View Full Version : Negative thoughts and anxiety ??????

ella32
29-07-12, 23:39
Hi all i struggling big time with health anxiety and negative thinking for a while and im asking if they r both connected i mean can negative thinking make your fears worse..... Id also like to know if anyone had any tips on how to control negative thoughts around health cause i dont know where to start or how to do it.. Its destroying my life cause i cant even have a coffee sometimes without feeling the sensation of something caught in my throat and then i start thinking what if there was something in my coffee that ive swallowed thats stuck which makes the feeling worse.. Im starting to get really down with it all . I just feel so wrapped up in anxiety and negative thinking. Can anyone help me to take that step forward plse

smogie
30-07-12, 06:50
hi ella yeah all the experts say negative thoughts can trigger feelings/symptoms ect but i dont know how to break the cycle i too am struggling at the moment the minute i wake up the thoughts come flooding in i also have the feeling that i cant eat and swallow properly its crap:weep: people say to challenge the thoughts and use distraction techniques but its very hard suppose we just have to keep trying x