PDA

View Full Version : Social Occasion

Dave777
21-07-06, 09:12
Hi, I've recently been invited to a Stag Party, haven't known the guy that long, I don't know many of his mates.
Starts with Bowls, a meal, then a Night Club.

I would feel ok if I knew everybody, I know I'm going to find it heavy going. Any thoughts on this, or am I being a total wimp?[:I][Oops!]

suzanne
21-07-06, 09:30
hI
i WAS RECENTLY IN A SIMULAR SITUATION, HAD A WEDDING TO GO TO AND PARTY ON THE NIGHT TIME, I DECIDED THAT I HAD A CRAP SOCIAL LIFE AND IT WOULD NEVER GET BETTER UNTIL I DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT. INSTEAD OF DREADING IT I KEPT TELLING MYSELF THAT I WAS GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME AND ENJOY MYSELF, I EVENTUALLY STARTED TO LOOK FORWARD TO IT.
THE ONLY THING I DIDNT MAKE WAS THE CHURCH, I SAT AT THE BACK AND KEPT POPPING OUTSIDE, BUT THE REST WAS BRILL.
I ALSO DIDNT KNOW MANY PEOPLE, BUT TOLD THEM OF MY SOCIAL ANXIETY AND THEY WERE ALL GREAT AND ENCOURAGED ME.
I STAYED OUT TILL 3 IN THE MORNING WHICH IS UNHEARD OF FOR ME.

MY ADVICE FOR WHAT ITS WORTH IS TRY TO LOOK FORWARD INSTEAD OF DREAD.

GOOD LUCK HAVE A GREAT TIME.

LIFE IS FOR LIVING.
SUZANNE X

s shaw

Eclipse
21-07-06, 10:27
My initial thought was.....Aaaaaagggggghhhh NIGHTMARE!!...
thinking about it though, I think it helps occasionally to find yourself in a situation that you know is going to test you. It doesn't lessen the anxiety but it makes the sense of achievement greater after the event.
The good thing is, although you say you haven't known the bloke that long, he obviously thinks enough of you to have asked you along in the first place.
I hope you have a good time & bear in mind that any one of the other blokes in the stag party could be going through exactly the same as you.

Magz
X

Dave777
21-07-06, 13:23
Thanks Ladies, lots of sound advice there.
I'll give it a go and report back [8D][Yeah!]

Obsessive
21-07-06, 14:05
Hi Dave :)

I was away last weekend for my first Hen weekend away, i found the first night really tough going as im not used to being away from my partner, but the second day and night i was find and really enjoyed myself.

You might meet new people and make new friends through this!!! You could just go bowling and for the meal if you dont feel up for clubbinb, noone will think worse of you!!!!!

x

"Why does life turn you upside down and inside out then back round again"

chucklehound
21-07-06, 15:02
Good luck with the stag do, hope you make it and it goes well:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

marie ross
21-07-06, 17:41
Hi Dave,

I'd go for it!!! Like Magz said, he must think a lot of you if he's invited you to his stag do. Does he know how you are feeling at all?

If it gets to much for you, you could just leave the night-club and just go bowling and for a meal.

Hope it goes well for you, there's a good chance you could make some new mates and maybe more invites out on the razz!!!! (I'm jealous!!!)

Take care.

Marie XXX

Lugoman
21-07-06, 17:52
All I can add is that I know where you are coming from.

Good Luck Dave. Let us know how it goes.

polly daydream
21-07-06, 22:40
Yea you are being a total wimp, only joking. You will be fine, just go and have fun, get a few drinks down your neck and your confidence will soon grow, if your anything like me.

Take care

Polly x

Dave777
21-07-06, 22:47
Hey thanks Guys & Gals, I'm gonna surprise you all and have a great time.
Watch this space ! :D[Yeah!]

Dave777
23-07-06, 06:31
Hi Guys, I had a good time:D
Apart from the fact that I'm crap at 10 Pin Bowling, it all was very laid back and not a drinking binge.

thanks all
Dave

PS looks like I've got a Kebab for breakfast[:P][Ugh]

tara
23-07-06, 07:02
Hi Dave, I'm so glad you had a nice time !!!

Oh yummy kebab for breakfast lol [xx(]

Can only be done after a night out lol

Smile...it confuses people.

Eclipse
23-07-06, 08:56
Good one Dave,

Mmmmm, cold kebab for breakfast...............tasty!! Ha Ha

Glad you enjoyed it!!
(No the STAG night...NOT the cold kebab!!)

Magz
XX

PS. Did you meet any nice ladies in the club?

marie ross
23-07-06, 21:22
Hi Dave

Glad you had a good time!!!! Personally i like nothing better than cold pizza for my breakfast!!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX

polly daydream
25-07-06, 22:20
Glad you had a great time Dave.

Polly

Piglet
25-07-06, 22:44
Well done mate for taking the bull by the horns or should that be the stag - actually no lets not even go there![:I]:D

Piglet :D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.