PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

valerie64
30-07-12, 20:52
I am suffering form accute anxiety. It stops me sleeping properly, infact my sleeping pattern is all over the place. I have little appetite and suffer from depression. Can anyone help me. I am awaiting CBT but as usual there is a waiting list. Has anyone had this treatment and does it work? I would be grateful for any help you can give me. Val

PanchoGoz
30-07-12, 21:49
Hi,
How about trying a relaxation exercise twice a day? Have you done one before? If not:

Lie down on your bed or floor
Focus on your body parts from toes upwards, and find any tension and let it go.
Move up to feet, ankles, lower legs, upper legs, buttocks, lower back, lower belly, chest, middle back, shoulder blades,
Then move to tips of fingers, hands, wrists arms, neck, then all your facial muscles, chin, cheeks, forhead, scalp....
Then do a scan of your body, imagine a white light scanning your body up and down, eliminating and tension
Then just lie there and enjoy the relaxed feeling as long as possible.

This is a good place to start with anxiety, it gives you a nice break from it, I used to do it after breakfast and before bed. You can then move up to meditation if you want.
Best of luck :)

BobbyDog
31-07-12, 07:17
CBT worked really well for me, the Psychologist that I was seeing was really calm and understanding. She taught me how to deal with my anxiety in a positive way.

Try herbal Valerian available from all pharmacies for your insomnia, I took it for years and it works(it did for me anyway).