PDA

View Full Version : Heat intolerance without sweating + chronic headache

vinnievince
30-07-12, 21:52
Just wondering if i'm the only one who deal with very bad headache each day and if not, how you can manage the pain or decrease it?

I have that strong headache non stop since more than 2 months now, in the past I had it only at night but now I have it as soon as i'm awake in the morning until I fall asleep at night.

The pain is always at the same place, in the forehead, behind the head and stronger on both temples on my head upper my ears. Sometimes the pain is throbing, sometimes not and I have eyes pain all time. I had eyes examination and my eyes and vision are ok.

I will see a Neuro Doc but not until the end of October, who seem to be FAR away from now. For now I take some tylenols and at night I take a low dose of Ibuprofen or Naproxen but that's not helping me a lot, the pain dont decrease a lot on a scale of 10, 10 being the stronger pain, i'm usually at 8.5 to 10/10 and when I take a low dose of a NSAID's the pain decrease to 7.5-8/10. Taking a stronger dose of Ibuprofen (more than 200 mg) or Naproxen (250 mg) will give tachycardia and LOWER my blood pressure and even make me feel dizzy and almost faint. My dose of Tylenol are not more than 500 mg a day.

Another BIG problem is the heat intolerance. It's the first time I can't stand the heat and humidity at summer time. As soon as we have bright sun with heat and a lot of humidity I can't go out of the house. If I go out of the house under the sun with some protection like sunglasses and a hats, I will feel dizzy, my heart will start racing, my blood pressure will drop and I can faint (that happen once), also my headache is stronger after a 10 min exposure to the sun, who make me feel more miserable.

I don't sweat and that's what is making me a lot worried. My face turn red, same for my ears, my hands are both wet same for my feet but I don't sweat from anywhere. The only time I will sweat is once in a while when I sleep in the middle of the night.

I had blood tests done recently and everything is normal, not thyroid problem who can explain the heat intolerance.

Why I can't stand the heat anymore? I have to stay in the house with the air conditioning on all the time and always carry with me an ice pack to put on my head for the headache or when I have absolutely to go out when it's hot and humid.

I'm tired of the whole situation, I know that anxiety can give all the symptoms who exist in the world but to this point? I'm not sure it's only anxiety...

Thanks for any kind of answer or help ;-)

Nich
30-07-12, 22:13
I have always struggled with my headaches, and i have had them everyday this week. I find the cooling strips you can buy for your head REALLY help, especially if the headache is near your eyes. At the moment, my headaches are driving me insane, and unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do. These headache cooling pads are my saviour right now!

David.B
03-03-14, 20:01
Just wondering if i'm the only one who deal with very bad headache each day and if not, how you can manage the pain or decrease it?

I have that strong headache non stop since more than 2 months now, in the past I had it only at night but now I have it as soon as i'm awake in the morning until I fall asleep at night.

The pain is always at the same place, in the forehead, behind the head and stronger on both temples on my head upper my ears. Sometimes the pain is throbing, sometimes not and I have eyes pain all time. I had eyes examination and my eyes and vision are ok.

I will see a Neuro Doc but not until the end of October, who seem to be FAR away from now. For now I take some tylenols and at night I take a low dose of Ibuprofen or Naproxen but that's not helping me a lot, the pain dont decrease a lot on a scale of 10, 10 being the stronger pain, i'm usually at 8.5 to 10/10 and when I take a low dose of a NSAID's the pain decrease to 7.5-8/10. Taking a stronger dose of Ibuprofen (more than 200 mg) or Naproxen (250 mg) will give tachycardia and LOWER my blood pressure and even make me feel dizzy and almost faint. My dose of Tylenol are not more than 500 mg a day.

Another BIG problem is the heat intolerance. It's the first time I can't stand the heat and humidity at summer time. As soon as we have bright sun with heat and a lot of humidity I can't go out of the house. If I go out of the house under the sun with some protection like sunglasses and a hats, I will feel dizzy, my heart will start racing, my blood pressure will drop and I can faint (that happen once), also my headache is stronger after a 10 min exposure to the sun, who make me feel more miserable.

I don't sweat and that's what is making me a lot worried. My face turn red, same for my ears, my hands are both wet same for my feet but I don't sweat from anywhere. The only time I will sweat is once in a while when I sleep in the middle of the night.

I had blood tests done recently and everything is normal, not thyroid problem who can explain the heat intolerance.

Why I can't stand the heat anymore? I have to stay in the house with the air conditioning on all the time and always carry with me an ice pack to put on my head for the headache or when I have absolutely to go out when it's hot and humid.

I'm tired of the whole situation, I know that anxiety can give all the symptoms who exist in the world but to this point? I'm not sure it's only anxiety...

Thanks for any kind of answer or help ;-)

Has this improved at all?

What all have you had tested with your thyroid?

T3, T4
Free T3 T4
TSH
TSI
TPO
RT3
... there's even more.

If you haven't had your RT3 pulled get it drawn. If it is elevated this might explains some of your symptoms even if you have "normal" labs.

Has your neuro tested you for any auto-immune disorders? tilt table test?

emlica
04-03-14, 08:21
I also thought 'thyroid?' when I read the initial post. Sometimes if you get a routine thyroid check done (in the UK at least), it only checks TSH. With the intolerance to heat I'd be inclined to ask the doctor what exactly they tested. Two friends of mine have overactive thyroids and the heat intolerance is much like you've described.

vinnievince
28-03-14, 01:17
I also thought 'thyroid?' when I read the initial post. Sometimes if you get a routine thyroid check done (in the UK at least), it only checks TSH. With the intolerance to heat I'd be inclined to ask the doctor what exactly they tested. Two friends of mine have overactive thyroids and the heat intolerance is much like you've described.

Hi,
Sorry if i'm late to answer...

I had my TSH + t4 free + t3 free + t3 + t4 tested several times as well as anti-TPO tested several times... Everything is fine on that side, all normal level...

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

Has this improved at all?

What all have you had tested with your thyroid?

T3, T4
Free T3 T4
TSH
TSI
TPO
RT3
... there's even more.

If you haven't had your RT3 pulled get it drawn. If it is elevated this might explains some of your symptoms even if you have "normal" labs.

Has your neuro tested you for any auto-immune disorders? tilt table test?

Hi,
Well, had almost all of these tests done recently with the exception of the RT3... but will ask my Doc about it for sure next time I see him...

Thanks for your suggestion!