PDA

View Full Version : help panicing big time

ella32
31-07-12, 00:24
Plse help me I was just lying down and had my hand on the top part of stomach inbeteeen your ribs when I felt what I can only dscribe as spasm. I a tually felt it under my hand and now I'm scared cause I don't know if it normal for that to happen. Plse help

Gotagetthroughthis
31-07-12, 00:39
Hi Ella32

Stay calm and take I few slow deep breaths, i dont know be to me It doesnt sound like anything major to worry about, It may have been some sort of muscle spasm.

xBettyBoopx
31-07-12, 02:25
Hi ella

Was is a twitch? You can get twitches anywhere on the body. I'm sure it is nothing but I know how bad you're panicking. The thing that might help you is to try and take your mind off of it by doing something. There are some good games on here that you might wanna play to think about something else other than what's going on in your body.

Els

ella32
31-07-12, 02:35
Thanks for answering . I dont think it was q twitch im not sure though all i know is it didnt last long but the effects of it has. I cant seem to keep my mind distracted

xBettyBoopx
31-07-12, 02:50
I bet it was a twitch and they are not at all harmful. Please try and remember (I know it's hard) to realize that your mind is tricking you into believing that you have something wrong with you coz your anxiety levels are so high. Keep on trying the distraction it will help. Do you do any kind of relaxation? Can you do some yoga? Breathe in through the nose and out through pursed lips, this will help calm you down.

Els

smalltrace
31-07-12, 02:54
If it is causing you no pain, I would not worry. I too have felt very similar to this on a regular basis if laying down with my hands resting on my stomach and upper bowel area, I do have ibs and stomach issues. The bowel is made up of muscle tissue and you may well of just felt it contracting a bit. But honestly if your experiencing no pain, I would try not to worry. If you have pain with it, make an appointment to see you GP.
You likely just noticed this, but had you not of been laying down with your hands right there you wouldn't of known, try and think to yourself if you hadn't felt it with your hands would you be worried right now?
I hope you manage to get some sleep.

swgrl09
31-07-12, 10:36
I get these "spasm" things all the time in different areas of my abdomen. It's probably just a muscle spasm. You have muscles everywhere and anxiety or fatigue can make them twitch. I truly get this a lot. As long as you aren't in pain, I wouldn't worry.

ella32
31-07-12, 17:04
Thanks to ye all for replying. Had a horrible nite with anxiety over it. Ive been having stomach problems since it happened i just feel a lot of pressure in my stomach and to top it off have a tickling sensation in my chest which i presume is anxiety related. I just dont know anymore to b honest.