PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack help

ella32
31-07-12, 02:04
Plse help im havi ng a panic attack over a weird sensation in my stomach i had my hand resting on my upper stomach just under breast wen i actually felt a tremble or twitch or spasm or watever it was it was rite inbetween ribs in the top pf my stomach it has scared me cause i dont know if it normal or happens to anyone else i actually felt the temble with my hand

Goldfinch
31-07-12, 08:48
Hi Ella, it sounds pretty normal to me. Sounds like just the sort of normal muscle twitch that you would not even notice if you were occupied in the day time, but at night and if you are feeling anxious anyway your anxiety fixes on it. You must have felt horrible to be posting at 2 am. Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Liviguy
31-07-12, 11:43
I get these a lot. I have learned to ignore them as they do me no harm and years later I am still having them with no adverse effects at all.

ella32
31-07-12, 17:10
Thanks for yere answers. I just hate that a sensation can cause me to panic. As is i feel pressure on my stomach it doesnt hurt it just uncomfortable and i have a tickling feeling in my chest. Another symptom of anxiety i presume. I hate anxiety

Liviguy
31-07-12, 17:17
The sensation is over exaggerated with us sufferers which causes us to panic. Most people wouldn't even notice it happening. We seem to be programmed to pick up on every single twinge.

ella32
31-07-12, 17:42
Its hard work trying to understand why we have to focus in on pains and aches . With me it always has to be a negative thing and its hard to reassure myself that im ok. Iv e had chest pain for a while have had ecgs done but still cant convince myself it anxiety related.

Liviguy
31-07-12, 17:52
That is the problem. We never accept that nothing serious is wrong. It's tiresome and after 18 years of it becomes a pain in the arse lol (quickly self diagnosed as cancer too)

ScottyP
31-07-12, 20:35
Be assured Twitching in the stomach is quite normal and something i have had all of my life. Mine is not just confined to my stomach either. Legs, Eyelids & even across my chest.

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Its hard work trying to understand why we have to focus in on pains and aches . With me it always has to be a negative thing and its hard to reassure myself that im ok. Iv e had chest pain for a while have had ecgs done but still cant convince myself it anxiety related.

Im the same I have had a few ECG,s etc. Just recently I started getting pain in my left leg & the old cogs started working, Before i knew it my calf muscle was twitching all by itself. Pain & cramps got worse & I started googling Pain in leg symptoms. Thats my mistake, trying to self diagnose on the web. Up untill last week I had convinced myself I had a DVT even though there was no swelling or redness & the cramp feeling when walking only lasted 4 days. When the pain went away, in my mind the DVT had now broken free & floating around my body just waiting to lodge itself somewhere nasty. That is where I am now, Panicing at every little twinge in my chest.