PDA

View Full Version : Tea

Elle-Kay
31-07-12, 10:26
I like to drink tea, in preference to other drinks (I hate coffee and water, not keen on hot chocolate and only really like 1 flavour of fruit squash, which the shop have stopped stocking), but I have come to realise this last week that my Dr was right, and it does acutely exacerbate my anxiety. As a result, I've cut out some of the cups of tea I would have had in a day normally, but I haven't replaced them with anything else (because I don't really like anything else) which is meaning that I'm becoming dehydrated.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pleasant, 'light' tea I could try that's fairly readily available and not too expensive, please? I did try a F&M light tea which was very nice, and didn't seem to leave me with the same heightened anxiety after a cup, but obviously F&M is quite expensive so I wondered if anyone had come across an alternative.

Littlehelper123
31-07-12, 10:54
Try de caff or green tea x

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Tescos own de caff tea is perfect x

Elle-Kay
31-07-12, 11:21
I'll try decaff, thank-you :) I forgot to mention in my first post though that I also hate green/fruit teas (even with honey in as I don't like that either - I'm a hopeless cause I think lol)

clairity
31-07-12, 11:50
You could try roobios tea which a lot of supermarkets now stock. It is a caffine free tea that unlike fruit ones can still be drank with milk if you want. It is a slightly different flavour than normal tea and some people dont like it but it could be worth a try. At the moment I am also drinking a roobios and vanilla tea which is yummy xxx

Tish
31-07-12, 19:04
I like nettle & peppermint, it's a 'cleansing' tea.

neowallace
31-07-12, 20:15
Hi Elle-Kay

Sorry to sound silly but what is F&M tea. Does is it still have caffeine in it? Where would I buy it? I like tea too but don't like the taste of de-caf , roobios and any other teas.

Steven :)

BobbyDog
31-07-12, 20:34
Agree with Littlehelper123,

Tried most of the Decaf Tea's on the market and in my opinion - Tesco's is numero uno:)

Elle-Kay
01-08-12, 10:11
Thanks to your advice guys I've had my first cuppa of decaf tea this morning (I bought Typhoo as it was on offer!), and I'm pleased to say it was really nice, and so far I haven't noticed any anxiety spikes :) Even if I can only get back to having my morning cuppa and drink other things during the day I'll be a happy woman!!

neowallace: sorry, I should have expanded - by F&M I meant Fortnum & Mason. I won some of their "Afternoon" light blend in a raffle and really enjoyed it, but can't really justify buying it myself for everyday use, at £5 (I think) for 50 bags! :ohmy: