PDA

View Full Version : change of meds, anxiety - please help

dela
21-07-06, 13:54
Changed meds from mirtazapine to seroxat recently. i have been suffering really heavy anxiety. need some encouragement to keep going.

Daisybun
21-07-06, 14:15
Hi Dela, I'm not on either of these but i am on citalopram. It can be hard the first couple of weeks, symptoms do get worse, don't ask me why, but after two weeks i am feeling much better and I'm now into my fourth week and I'm feeling more like me. I don't why you were changed but I'm sure that once they kick in you'll feel better. If not maybe they don't suit you and it is just a case of finding the one that suits you best. Hope you settle down soon.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

jodi78148
21-07-06, 14:17
Hi, i'm sorry you are having a hard time[V]. I can relate to this. I came off meds to have my son and now that he is here I restarted on Prozac and Lorazapam. It is hard to begin it all again, but how strong are you? You are the strongest and you know that? Just think of all the obsticals you have conquered already. ANd when you feel better soon you will look back and see how much stronger you have become again. I always just try to think positive and remember that it won't last forever. I know it really sucks to lose a portion of your life to fear. But the good times are great aren't they? And you appriciate everyday alot more than anyone else. You are living and you are living strong and aware. I will be thinking of you as I am in the same boat. We will hang in there and soon you will be writing about your good days. [^]

RunsFromBugs
21-07-06, 15:31
I had probs when switiching meds too. I switched from Serzone to Zoloft, which had too many side effect so then went to Lexapro which was fine. It was a rough month or so but eventually your doc will get you on the right stuff and you'll feel better. Let us know how you're doing!

susie
22-07-06, 14:10
hi there ive been taking seroxat for 10 years it was 2 weeks before i felt better,try and be strong its not easy i know take care sue