PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety when on holiday/vacation

samtheman
31-07-12, 12:56
My anxiety has been very good lately, but we went on holidays yesterday for a few days, I was fine yesterday probably the excitement of it all but today really anxious as hell and I want home, I've had diarrhea all morning and light headed, I am struggling to stop myself having a panic attack, I just want to be left alone in the hotel bedroom, luckily we go home tomorrow and are only 100 mile from home. Do you get anxiety on holiday or have u any advice?

Liviguy
31-07-12, 16:23
Not really helpful to your situation but I personally find getting away helps my anxiety. It seems to return worse again when I get back into my normal life routine.

AIVILOESOR
01-08-12, 10:46
I am feeling anxious about organising a holiday. been procrastinating for ages and just know I don't want to go at all, but need to for the sake of my daughter.

Even the thought of phoning a to book somewhere - that I don't know is making me anxious.

samtheman
01-08-12, 10:49
I left at the crack of dawn this morning and am just in the front door. So glad to be home.:D:D I think my problem is not that my anxiety is getting better more than I live in a comfort zone and rarely venture out of it. I really did not enjoy being away from home at all.

AIVILOESOR
01-08-12, 10:55
I feel the same way. I am so glad to get home. Familiar places with friends are preferable, and okay-ish, though there's not many of those I feel really comfortable with.

Sounds like you're relieved to be home...:yahoo:

that is such an annoying smilie I couldnt resist!

samtheman
01-08-12, 13:12
I am feeling anxious about organising a holiday. been procrastinating for ages and just know I don't want to go at all, but need to for the sake of my daughter.

Even the thought of phoning a to book somewhere - that I don't know is making me anxious.

I only did it for my kids, I have no interest in going anywhere, much happier in the house, although it was nice to have a change of scenery.