PDA

View Full Version : First time taking meds!!!! Citalopram x x x

janielee
31-07-12, 19:20
Hello all x x x
Never have I taken medication in the whole 10 years that I have suffered panic depression anxiety and OCD but this last 3 weeks when the fog truly desended upon me again I knew I didn't ever want to feel as I'll as I had before I wanted to make progress sooner so I took myself up to the docs and have been proscribe citalopram I have got friends who have taken this drug before and got better so I'm telling my OCD to do one tonight as I will bee taking my first this evening before bed x x x x would appreciate any good experiences or any words of advise of what to expect x x
Thanks x x

nomorepanic
31-07-12, 19:52
Hi

I have moved this to the Citalopram forum so please do have a read of the posts in this sub-forum as well

janielee
31-07-12, 20:17
Thanks nic x x x

lauz_lea
31-07-12, 21:19
Good luck Janielee, you're not alone here, and you're certainly not the only one new to meds, or cit.

Laura

blue October
31-07-12, 21:51
Hi Janielee.

I started citalopram May this year i had honeymoon period for first 5 days then a few side affects.

I'm now feeling much better and my family have also noticed a big difference in me. Be strong, be posative.

:hugs:

mumsical
31-07-12, 21:56
hi there, i have just started citalopram again after a 3 week break from it, as i had to take aspirin and the two do not mix, this is me 2nd day, I have really bad burning sensation inside me body, like bad heartburn, and feel awlful, can anyone relate to this please, as i am so worried, plus I keep going hot and cold

Steve37
31-07-12, 22:03
Hello all x x x
Never have I taken medication in the whole 10 years that I have suffered panic depression anxiety and OCD but this last 3 weeks when the fog truly desended upon me again I knew I didn't ever want to feel as I'll as I had before I wanted to make progress sooner so I took myself up to the docs and have been proscribe citalopram I have got friends who have taken this drug before and got better so I'm telling my OCD to do one tonight as I will bee taking my first this evening before bed x x x x would appreciate any good experiences or any words of advise of what to expect x x
Thanks x x

You'll feel horrible for a bit, drowsy, brain zaps, maybe nausea. Then that goes off:D

oneofus
31-07-12, 22:17
Mine took about a month to kick in. The only major minor side effect was some sexual dysfunction, it can take more time to arrive so to speak. Oh one major problem I felt liking doing DIY for a while but it wore off :yesyes:, and I noticed a glass of wine seemed much more pleasant as my depression lifted.

One of us

janielee
01-08-12, 10:55
Thanks for the feedback everyone I took my first last night so I was sooooooooo scared but once I took it I knew it was for the best I've been out and about on the bus into a near town centre and to an asda I still feel vvvvvvvv dreamy but I think that's just me for the time being x x x x x hope everyone is well toay x x x

shaunb
01-08-12, 16:56
hi , i was on citalopram last year , ive had a blip and started again 3days in now , god the se last time were not nice especially the night sweeting , so far im not to bad , weak arms and legs and stomach ache , mind im not eating right at the mo ?! just stick with them its for the best

Iggy131313
01-08-12, 17:05
Hi Janielee, welcome to the citalopram gang! lol!

The first time I started cit I had hardly any side effects but the second time round they have hit me like a brick in the face!!

in your case I bet within a couple of weeks you will be feeling great, keep taking them and at the same time each day and come on here to let us know if anything is worrying you, dont worry about the brain fog, its to be expected and will pass.

Caroline x

southey
01-08-12, 17:10
Oh one major problem I felt liking doing DIY for a while but it wore off :yesyes:

Oh the horror:ohmy:

Can see the Citalopram side effects sheet being updated with ' warning may cause outbreaks of DIY'.

Steve:roflmao:

Mally
02-08-12, 11:59
I've also just started on Citaolopram, taken 3 tablets so far. Had pretty bad side effects on day one, dizziness, nausea, shaking, sweating etc but now I've just got a bit of dizziness and I'm not sleeping as well as usual which I can handle.

janielee
02-08-12, 15:16
Hello there,x x
I'm on my 3rd day today I don't feel any different which I wasn't expecting too I still have really really bad derealization driving a little bonkers but I'm ignoring it as best as I can just on top of me sometimes but Ive still managed to go for a walk round the village this morning and jump on the trampoline lol x x x I've not read any side affects really as I don't want my anxiety to feed on it x x x x hope everyone's feeling ok today x x x

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

I was told to take it at night just before bed and that's what I've been doing in just wondering of my GP who knows me very well has thought this would help me to take it and not panic over the way it makes me feel due to me being asleep lol x x x Ha I love DIY it just don't like me ha x x x