PDA

View Full Version : anxiety is back

terror-x
01-08-12, 09:28
after having anxiety for 11 years now i have learnt to control it in many ways but recently in the last few weeks im not sure what is going on i have been ill for the past few weeks like getting colds and viruses and just general feeling unwell allso i have heartburn alot allmost everyday and it panics me in everyway. last night i had bad anxiety to the point i rang the NHS and needed help from them came close to hospital but i managed to just relax . this morning i woke up still feeling not 100% and abit panicy again i just want to go back to normal i would do anything for that to happen:weep:

Tufty
01-08-12, 09:47
Firstly sorry to hear that you're feeling the panic again but well done for being able to deal with it last night by relaxing.
I have had intermittant anxiety for the past 10 years, and each time it rears it's ugly head is after I have been unwell with coughs/colds etc - I now reason that when I'm getting stressed or rundown my body tries to warn me that I need to slow down by making me physically unwell and then when I inevitably don't slow down I get the panic/anxiety. I'm now trying to learn to take care of myself better:blush:
After a bad panic it does take a few days to get back to normal too, so try not to worry about not feeling 100% today, treat yourself kindly, distract if needed and know that life will be good again - give it time.
Take care

BobbyDog
01-08-12, 09:48
So sorry you are not feeling well at the moment, seems like you had made great progress. Try and focus on all the positive things that you have achieved recently.

Go to the doctor about your tummy problems, he may prescribe, Lansoprazole or something like it. I think that a lot of people who live with anxiety have stomach problems, producing too much acid. If you don't already, take multivitamins.

Try and keep your mind occupied.:hugs:

terror-x
01-08-12, 10:02
thank you guys im just slowly sipping a lemsip at the minuite to see if it helps with my chest im at my office deks with some REM music on and im relaxing but thanky ou for the responce :)