PDA

View Full Version : Natural remedy ideas to help stage performance?

drown8
21-07-06, 16:58
Hey...I have been dealing with anxiety for about 4 years and I play in a band...the first couple of years I had anxiety it didn't effect me when I would perform...I had the normal anxiety feelings but other than that fine...Then after I went on beta blockers for about 5 months (during this time the band was on a break) after the beta blockers my anxiety during performances got worse than it had ever before...I then had to take a small dose of beta blocker to get me through the performances. We have since taken another small break and are about to begin playing live again and I want to avoid beta blockers at all cost because they make me feel worse the couple days after (anxiety wise).

Anyway...my question is if anyone knows of a good natural herb, etc that would be a good way to combat this, just to be taken the day of performance...I don't want any prescription medicines.

Do things like Kava Kava or Valerian work if you take them as needed like that just the day of performance, or do they need to be taken over time?

The main thing I want to combat is the muscle tension and the racing heart/palpatations...Any questions and comments will be greatly appreciated