PDA

View Full Version : So glad I found this place!

Sootie
01-08-12, 16:57
Hi I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself.
I have been suffering from anxiety for about 9 months now and for ages I didn't know what was wrong with me, I though I was going mad, and kept going to the doctors to be told that I was fine! But finally it was suggested by one dr that i may suffer from anxiety. I didn't think I was necessarily anxious, but I went away and did some research and related to all the sympotoms of anxiety - so at least I knew I wasn't going mad! When I had previously experienced panic attacks, I did not know what was going on, and thought all the usual terrible thoughts. I have been able to control my panic attacks by telling myself over and over that these sympotoms will not harm me.
However the anxiety is still here, and mainly effects my breathing, and I can relate the anxiety to an extremely unpleasant event last summer where I was in a field, far away from civilisation and I had a servere allergic allgery to pollen and my whole face and neck swelled up and i couldn't breathe. So I know constantly suffer from the feeling of not being able to breathe properly and the fear of suffocation. I have done all the relaxation and breathing techniques under the sun with no relief. I have recently been put on citalopram and found the guide by PsychoPoet amazing and it has made me feel more confident about the medication. I have also started inosoitol. However I am feeling wretched at the moment, but am perservering as have only been on them for a week. Also I having hypnotherphy but have to stop due to the expense. I have been referred to CBT by my gp but it has been 3 months and have heard nothing!
Everyday is a struggle, and I am not the person I used to be. But I am hopeful that one day I will return to my old self.
Finding this site and reading all your stories and posts has made me realise that I am not alone, and your stories give me courage.
I am so glad to have found this place! :)

nomorepanic
01-08-12, 17:10
Hi Sootie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Serenitie
01-08-12, 17:18
Welcome Sootie, this is a great site where you will find lots of information, support and understanding :welcome: x

R.Barratt
01-08-12, 19:42
hello sootie :)
sorry youve been struggliong so much hopefully people on here can offer you the support and advice you need. nut please know you arent crazy we all suffer from anxiety so you are not alone xxx