PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances?

Trbfan
02-08-12, 06:51
I am sorry to post this as kind of a random post..But its something so much on my mind. How likely is it for a seemingly healthy 21 year old with no known health issues, not alcohol or drugs, and not medicated to develop a blood clot or dvt. I know it has to be unlikely, but im sure it has happened. I am frozen in terror atleast once a day by this prospect...I need someone with either experience or a calming voice to calm me down and be logical. My parents make this far far worse.

Thanks, in advance for the advice. I need it badly.

katielou80
02-08-12, 07:09
i very very very very much doubt it!!! chill. i know its hard. xx

Trbfan
02-08-12, 07:15
I should also say more about my lifestyle...I do use the computer probably too much, but I cannot allow myself to sit when awake for more than 45 minutes...ever..Usually much less than that..Every 15, 20, or 30 minutes I have to get myself up for a short walk...I feel lik eI walk more than the average person, but I do it in multiple walks all day to keep blood flowing. Like...Every 30 minutes I have to get up and just walk for 5 minutes. I dont think I've just sat down for more than 45 minutes when awake in 9-10 months. I am scared to do hard excersize, but I try to keep my body moving. Even when sitting my legs are generally moving.

I am just so scared of this one single condition over all others. I know it can't be likely, but I just need someone with a logical response to it...Thank you katielou..it is hard to chill.

katielou80
02-08-12, 07:36
im panaking about ovarian cancer at the moment. i think about it 24/7 and i think you imagine alot of the symptoms. its horrible, i hate health anxiety! xx

ell1877
02-08-12, 07:40
Hi I understand your worry but you would know if you ad a blood clot I know of several people 4 actually and all of them were in excruciating pain swelling bright red etc

People sit at desks all the time for long periods n don't worry but I have to admit I'd be the same as you

But you don't have to get up n walk around just a few simple exercises would do just pointing your toes to the floor n back up to your knees a few times and also circling your toes and ankles all helps

I was advised this when I was pregnant and worrying as I had bad circulation so if it worked for me you'll be fine I prOmise

Xx

Trbfan
02-08-12, 08:52
Yea, I do try to do those stretches occasionally on top of walking..I do refuse to sit for long periods at one time.

I guess..im good with numbers and data..like..watch are the chances of it happening to someone 21..like...I know it has to be rare...I know there are occasions where people don't know until it creates something bad, even if it is rare that it happens. This is what's on my mind every day..Every pain..Every feeling..Makes me think of this. I need relief of it.

---------- Post added at 02:52 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Like..I saw something earlier about clots..I freaked out in a massive way...When I freak out I get acid reflux...

About an hour ago I got a burning feeling from the bottom of my sternum headed towards to the right side...Im currently laying on my right side using my elbow to prop me up so I can type on my laptop..So that side is stretched. Now I got a burning on my right side towards the bottom rib. I guess it could be acid since I know 100% that I got acid right now, but I also worry that this could be clot.