PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Chest Pain?

Donny
03-08-12, 16:31
I should probably know better as this is my second go round with anxiety but:

Does anyone get a sharp pain at times pretty much right over the heart as a symptom?

My last ones were a tightening of the chest and I was used to that and could put it down to anxiety. This is different though.

Some friendly advice (i.e what I want to hear. lol) would be nice.

Thanks in advance for the help...

:shrug:

Liviguy
03-08-12, 16:40
Yep, all the time. Grabs me and I have to bend rubbing my chest till it passes.

Donny
03-08-12, 16:42
Scares the shit out of me.

Never had this before. Could deal with the vice like pressure in the chest but I aint getting any younger.

Liviguy
03-08-12, 16:58
I have no idea what causes it, I just put it down to trapped wind.

SLjimbo
03-08-12, 22:25
It's not uncommon to develop new symptoms, so don't be too alarmed by it. If you really need reassurance, go see your doctor and get an EKG done.

eileenb73
03-08-12, 23:38
Hi,
I get chest pain all the time and its anxiety, had numerous ecgs etc and theres not anything wrong with my heart but its horrible to put up with the pain, some days its a constant ache, other times its a sharp pain and sometimes its a tightness buts its never been my heart, and I have terrible family history of heart disease and I suppose thats why Im always thinking about it but I think that when I accept one kind of chest pain as panic/anxiety I come up with a new one thats strange or different to worry about especially as I get older

Donny
04-08-12, 09:35
Thanks for the replies guys.

I have had a whole series of heart tests done: Treadmill stress test, ECG's, 24h Holter, Echo-cardiogram and all came back fine but this sharp stabbing pain freaks me out a little bit.

Eileen is right though, as soon as you get used to one symptom the, unfriendly, anxious part of your mind throws in another physical symptom for you to deal with.

Does this happen to other folk?

iovercamesocialph
05-08-12, 14:42
I can't seem to make out what you are going through. I do hope that you feel better. Chest pain is usually experienced during heartburns, but I hope this doesn't get too hard to deal with for you.

Donny
05-08-12, 22:19
I can't seem to make out what you are going through. I do hope that you feel better. Chest pain is usually experienced during heartburns, but I hope this doesn't get too hard to deal with for you.

Fairly simple if you read my posts. Panic disorder with chest pains as a symptom...

SLjimbo
08-08-12, 22:45
My psychiatrist best explained it to me: when you get use to or overcome a usual symptom such as lightheadness or hyperventilation, your mind tends to focus on another part of the body and develop a "new" symptom.

Donny
09-08-12, 18:53
Good explanation. Thank you.