PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever had a real brain tumour on know anyone who has???

stressedmamof3
03-08-12, 17:01
im going ouit my mind :( just need some reassurence...really worried that if i relax and think its only my anxiety causing this then what if it is a brain tumour and im not doing anything about it :(

Liviguy
03-08-12, 17:16
Yes, my aunt died of a brain tumour about 10 years ago which increases my paranoia about my headaches.

My doctor told me I have sinus issues and suffer from migraines and it is not a tumour.

nomorepanic
03-08-12, 17:35
I know 2 people with brain tumours. One still has hers and one has his removed.

stressedmamof3
03-08-12, 18:09
can i ask if anyone can tell me how long the symptoms take to worsen.... its been 12 days now and i still feel the same :shrug: just dont know whats what anymore :(

nomorepanic
03-08-12, 18:18
The lady I know was in incredible pain - absolute agony

The man I know just collapsed in the street one day with no warning

Most brain tumours are not typically just a "headache"

stressedmamof3
03-08-12, 18:25
worst thing ever invented was google :( im getting shooting pains in my skull same side as the weird feeling which doesnt seem to be there today :/ arggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

nomorepanic
03-08-12, 18:29
We all get pains in our heads - head zaps.

If the weird feeling has gone then it is not a brain tumour in my opinion.

Have you seen a doc about it?

stressedmamof3
03-08-12, 18:44
thanks for replying :) really hope its all down to my anxiety and nothing else.....

Jsp
03-08-12, 22:28
Normally, you find people with tumours are in dire agony for the entire time, or that they do not have a clue they have one and get some weird problems with parts of their body, maybe paralysis. I also get pains as you describe, they are a form of tension headache and a part of anxiety :)

swgrl09
05-08-12, 15:55
I know somebody who had one and he was randomly collapsing so thats how they found out.

Trish
05-08-12, 18:43
My husband is on his 3rd... yes 3rd brain tumour and is sat next to me watching the tennis!

The first he had removed and was back working after 3 weeks.
The 2nd (20yrs later) he had massive brain surgery and it finished his working career.

The 3rd reared it's ugly head 5 years ago and they were unable to operate, so he had radiotherapy, which has put the tumour 'to sleep'

Over these times he never once had a headache, the first time he had a epileptic fit, the second he had a knife like stabbing pain in his eye, and the 3rd was picked up through a MRI.

He's amazing and in much better shape than me!:)

Trish x

stressedmamof3
06-08-12, 08:35
WOW trish what a strong man you have there :) i would have fell to pieces 1st time round let alone 3rd time, true inspiration...
xx

rockydog
06-08-12, 09:12
Hi have you actually been to a doctor and said what you are thinking ? I also know two people who have had brain tumours and more recently an 18 year old i took to a gp with leukaemia and you come to realise that a serious condition is jumped on so fast and they have so many indicators to go by that its unlikely you would be turned away.
I doubt that many people with one have sat at home pondering it or even gone to the doctot suggesting it so i really wouldnt worry, but would tell a proffessional so they can rule anything out. The last thing they would want to do is send someone seriously ill away :) hope all turns out well x

Trish
07-08-12, 00:43
WOW trish what a strong man you have there :) i would have fell to pieces 1st time round let alone 3rd time, true inspiration...
xx

Thank you...yes he is an amazingly strong man:) In 1997 he came out of an 11 hour op paralyzed down his left side, and yet within 8 weeks with his sheer determination and great physios he was on his feet and walking with a frame:)

In Aug 2007 after having Radiotherapy on the tumour he was fine at first, then 3 months later his brain swelled... causing him paralysis again down his left side, this time he had to leave home and go into rehab for 3months, but again with a lot of hard work from him and staff there he was back on his feet.

I just wish I had his guts and determination:blush:

Trish x