PDA

View Full Version : Feeling anxious after recieving works e-mail

hawkbit
03-08-12, 17:46
Hi,i have just took a week out from work (annual leave),to re-charge my batterys as such,however today i recieved an e-mail from my manager,asking me to do a one off job next week,and several other things on my return to work,as soon as i saw this e-mail before opening it,i felt weak,my legs felt like jelly,i had sweaty palms and my stomach started churning.
I am dreading my return to work,i just cant go on like this.
(i hope i have posted this in the correct section,if not feel gladly to remove it)

BobbyDog
03-08-12, 18:20
If your anxiety is so bad, why don't you take some sick leave and recharge your batteries?

kittikat
03-08-12, 18:50
Sadly, the pressures of life & work can get to us like this. I agree with Bobbydog, maybe you need some proper 'time out' to get your head together and recharge the batteries. Go and have a chat with your doctor if you haven't done so already. It's not going to do you any good feeling like this. Good luck, Kitti :)

Serenitie
03-08-12, 19:22
Hi,

I agree with BobbyDog and Kitti. It sounds like you need some time away from work. Why not take some time out and spend that time looking at what is causing you to be anxious and what you can do about it.

I'm also a little concerned that your manager contacted you during your annual leave. This is not appropriate. You should not be contacted about work issues when you are on leave of any kind.

Take care and let us know how you get on :)

hawkbit
03-08-12, 20:39
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.Yes i will be making an appointment to see my doctor as soon as possible,work is really getting me down at the moment,i have lost all enjoyment in the job,sometimes i feel its not worth getting out of bed for.

kittikat
03-08-12, 20:45
Great news :yesyes: I know exactly how you feel if it's any consolation. Kitti :)

Iced_diamond
04-08-12, 09:10
I know this kind of feeling all too well...I am one of these people who tends to stress a lot about work and I let it get the better of me. Not sure if it's the same for you as well, but I feel I should have a better work-life balance. Does your job end when you leave work or do you physically take work home with you? My job technically should end when I leave the office, as I have no equipment to work from home, however in my mind it doesn't end and I am always worrying about the next day: what will be expected of me? Will my boss ask me to do a task i don't understand? What if i get into trouble for making a mistake etc etc. However, I have learned lately to get take a more balanced view and see it as a job that I do just to earn money, which most of us have to. :) our bosses are only human beings as well and may even have similar worries to us-they may need to answer to someone as well. Work shouldn't end up stressing us out and making us feel unwell. Although work may be important, there's certainly more to life and I think deep down that's how most people view it. :) I hope you feel better soon and try to relax a little more. Things usually end up not being as bad as they seem. Good luck to you! :D