PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is back and worse

blue_bird
03-08-12, 19:37
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on this forum for a while because I was coping and dealing with my issues. But these past fews weeks my stress levels and anxiety have starting rising again due to a number of problems.

I had a viral infection and was feeling low, then family problems started up again and my neighbour insists on playing loud music at 3am in the morning. My husband keeps getting into arguments with him and I worried something bad is going to happen.

I now dread going to bed incase the music starts and my husband confronts him again. I am sleeping during the day but can't go on like this.

BobbyDog
03-08-12, 19:52
Can you talk to your husband and explain that the constant argueing between him and your neighbour is making you ill. Your neighbour is probably taking pleasure in winding your husband up, so the more he reacts, the more of a nuisance your neighbour will make of himself.

Try and find a family member of friend who you can talk to about how you feel.

blue_bird
03-08-12, 21:46
Thanks Bobbydog,

I have spoken to hubby and he knows how I feel but then when it happens again he gets mad with the neighbour because it is making me ill. It just goes round in circles, I would to be able to move house but I can't afford it.

Jaycee
04-08-12, 00:38
Hi Blue Bird

I kinda know where your coming from .. Only my neighbours haven't moved in yet ...!! Basically my anxiety and attacks are bad at present and the thought of a young couple moving in next door has started to worry me ... When I go to bed ever since I was very young I need complete silence so that I can calm my mind to eventually fall asleep .. I'm a light sleeper and if I get woken by sunned noise it can start an attack off :(
I now keep ear plugs by the bed and just having them there seems to keep the fear of not sleeping away ... I can't use in both ears as I have children & I worry about not hearing them if they need me , but I use one and have the other ear against the pillow allowing just enough hearing should I need it .... Just a suggestion xx

blue_bird
06-08-12, 21:08
Thanks Jaycee, I have told hubby to wear ear plugs because I can relax better knowing he isn't going to get stressed. I fall asleep eventually, I don't wear ear plugs because I can't relax I worry something will happen when I am sleeping.

That problem has calmed a bit but my mother in law is stressing me out even more. She is so controlling and is making my life and hubbies a misery. He has spoken to her but she just won't give it a rest.

Jaycee
07-08-12, 14:00
Opps I had one of those once (mother in law ) ... She was like an old school head mistress ... Even though I'm now devorced from her son because of my son I still have to deal with her ... It's not an easy task but one day I had just had enough and told her that enough was enough and untill she stopped being a nasty over opinionated oap I would not be talking to her .... We ended up in a huge argument but I kept to what I said ...refusing all contact and eventually she came round ... We will never have a loving relationship but at least the control thing has stopped ...
I saw people at the house next door yesterday :-/ I don't like to judge people but this isn't looking good ...... X

blue_bird
08-08-12, 20:35
I hate when you see the new neighbours and get a sense of dread. I actually knew mine before they moved in, the family are well known for being trouble makers.

The MIL is sulking at the minute because of some fall out with my hubby and his daughter. I hate being a stepmother, it just another source of stress I don't need. MIL wants me to take sides but I really don't want to get involved again, last time I had a breakdown and was on antidepressants.

Jaycee
11-08-12, 11:05
Family can certainly have a negative effect on a stressed mind .... Your mil sounds like a strong character (that's me being polite ) she's shouldn't be involving you in arguments as she probably wouldn't agree with your opinion anyway ..
Being a patent is hard but being a step parent is harder !! You have to put hard work in and in my previous experience get very little back and it's hard to guide a stepchild as everybody seems to think they have more right than you ... Think I'd do the same and stay out of it !! It's a no win :-/ ...
Hope you stay strong & not allow this to pull you down xx