PDA

View Full Version : Atos win contract for PIP

Jimbo
03-08-12, 23:29
They won the contract in the last few days. (Same people who do the ESA assessments)

Absolutely disgusted!:mad:

Reading some of the horror stories and hidden camera footage of assessments is shocking.

This is seriously adding to my worries about money. I get DLA and barely survive on that.

Luckily I didn't have to go through the assessment for ESA and got into the support group due to the severity of my problems and help from my MHT providing additional info. Dreading it coming up for review (not sure when / if or how regularly this happens?).

Considering the government plan to cut 20 million from DLA it all just seems like a con.

Anybody else feeling seriously anxious about this?

Jim:hugs:

london
04-08-12, 00:30
i see that what a thing to happen
and Capita is doing them to - thay took about year to sort out my mums rent
pip is not out yet so dont worry
god bless

BobbyDog
04-08-12, 07:27
I am, but just been to Citizens Advice and they are giving me legal aid, Income support want to put me on Jobseekers now my son is 16, even though I get low rate mobility(£20).
Citizens Advice have told me to re-apply for DLA because they think I should be on a higher rate, they are going to fill the forms in, I also have an appointment in a couple of weeks with a solicitor who is going to sort out my Income Support.
In my area you can get telephone support if you are not able to get into the office.
Worth a try if you are worried about bentfits.:D

Jimbo
04-08-12, 13:20
Thanks Bobby, sensible ideas. But the CAB really depends on if you get a good person who knows what they are doing, from my experience, often they don't!:ohmy:

If your off work sick, you shouldn't be on Income Suport. You should definately be on ESA. Tell them to help you fill out an application. No idea why they would recomend Income Support or Jobseekers.:ohmy:

If you're not working, have a GP / MHT they will help too usually, they often have an expert and are always happy to provide medical reports and extra info. They deal with this stuff a lot and usually know how to fill out the forms properly. Make sure you get this and send it all off with your applications.

If you're in a situation where DLA could apply to you, go for it. Both ESA and DLA are HUGE forms, they should both be filled out focussing on what your like when your at your worst.

Let us know how you get on. Perhaps start a new thread and link it here.

Keep your head up, these things can be incredibly stressful, get as much help as you can.

Kinda want to keep this thread for PIP and Atos assesments. When they start. Think they will start to roll it out soon, some new applicants have already been put through it in test groups. Anyone know when they will start to change over current DLA claimants?

bernie1977
04-08-12, 14:58
They start transferring people over from DLA to PIP in April 2013. Plenty of info about it all on the benefits and work website.

Mine is up for review in May so I'm worried

Jimbo
04-08-12, 15:30
I expect those dreaded brown envelopes will start dropping later this year.

Did anyone see the progs the other day, "Britain on the sick" and Dispatches too I think. About ESA / Atos Really shocking. That poor bloke who committed suicide due to it all. Anyone cant help but worry now they are dealing with the disabled too.

It was basically saying Atos say they have no targets, yet the goverment want to cut the welfare budget by £20 million!

Also suggesting the government have lost millions trying this, because of the amount of appeals that are successful and the complete failure of their work programs. Seems even worse for the mental health side of things.

Hope people will post their experiences on here as it all kicks in, now its all set to go.

BobbyDog
04-08-12, 17:04
Thanks Bobby, sensible ideas. But the CAB really depends on if you get a good person who knows what they are doing, from my experience, often they don't!:ohmy:

If your off work sick, you shouldn't be on Income Suport. You should definately be on ESA. Tell them to help you fill out an application. No idea why they would recomend Income Support or Jobseekers.:ohmy:

If you're not working, have a GP / MHT they will help too usually, they often have an expert and are always happy to provide medical reports and extra info. They deal with this stuff a lot and usually know how to fill out the forms properly. Make sure you get this and send it all off with your applications.

If you're in a situation where DLA could apply to you, go for it. Both ESA and DLA are HUGE forms, they should both be filled out focussing on what your like when your at your worst.

Let us know how you get on. Perhaps start a new thread and link it here.

Keep your head up, these things can be incredibly stressful, get as much help as you can.

Kinda want to keep this thread for PIP and Atos assesments. When they start. Think they will start to roll it out soon, some new applicants have already been put through it in test groups. Anyone know when they will start to change over current DLA claimants?

Thanks Jim,
I am already in receipt of Income Support, but they have said I no longer qualify for it.

nomorepanic
04-08-12, 17:43
You may not have seen this post....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104846

eight days a week
04-08-12, 17:56
And this despite the last article (a year or two ago) I read saying that 40% of appeals against decisions not to award ESA by ATOS were successful* :lac:

It seems like a very strange 'relationship' between the government and ATOS, I wonder who the owner is...

Everyone please see this thread for how you can give feedback on your experiences with ATOS:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=118361

* and that was obviously 40% of people who felt able to 'fight' the system - I don't doubt that many mental health sufferers dropped out before that stage - I myself was only able to take it that far with the expert support of my local social services benefits adviser)

Nic - there have been no arguments related to this issue ever since those few posters left, have there?