PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brisbane

Little Miss
22-07-06, 08:31
Hi there!
My name is Anouska and I live in Brisbane Australia. Three months ago I took on the role of full-time carer for my husband's Grandfather. Since then I have had numerous problems, particulary with a certain family member, which has left me feeling anxious and terrified every time I know they will be coming around. I would love to talk to people on how to deal with this emotion and make new friends :D

Peace
Anouska

No matter how much it wears me down, and the people close to me try to step on me, I've got to wake up every day and tell myself it will all be worth while. If I don't, what's the bloody point?

hiddenman
22-07-06, 09:10
Hi Anouska, i have just read your message; in relation to your family situation, you must put your self first - is there anyone in your family (husband), who you can confide in? This person who is making you feel anxious, has no right! Please do try and tell someone!

Many years ago, i had a similar problem with one of my family; for years i felt intimidated by them (i cannot really say how they made me feel, quite private) - which made me feel similar to how you are feeling at this moment - it became so much that i had to leave home. Eventually i came to my senses and realised that i was not the bad guy here - i mustered up the courage to confront this person in front of the whole family - i let them know what he had been doing to me - let us just say that i have never had a problem with the person or anyone else in this issue.

I may appear to be patronising here, but please believe me, it will not go away unless you stand up and be counted. Please, please , please try find someone that you can trust and confide in - this weight of anxiety and burden is not yours to carry - remind yourself that you are a good and positive person.

In relation to making new friends, i have just joined the site; trust me you will find many good people here who are supportive - my introductory letter is only a few days old and i have had many great replies - please do not be a stranger. I am not being too forward, but you have my friendship if you want it!

If you feel you want to talk here is my email address: gary_havelin@hotmail.com

trac67
22-07-06, 10:06
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
22-07-06, 15:21
Hi Anouska

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Nicola

chucklehound
22-07-06, 15:49
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Daisybun
22-07-06, 16:33
Hi Anouska and welcome to the forum. There's lots of help and support here. I'm sorry you are feeling so low at the moment, you are doing a really kind and caring thing, you are looking after someone, so you have every right to feel good about yourself. Try not to focus on how that one person makes you feel, think about what you are doing for the good of others and how good that can make you feel. if they have a problem with you that is their problem and not yours. have you talked it through with your husband? Hope you feel better soon

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

polly daydream
22-07-06, 20:04
Hi Anouska and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

tracyp584
22-07-06, 20:22
Hey Anoushka,

Welcome to the site,

Take care ,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Eclipse
22-07-06, 20:48
Welcome to the site Anouska (lovely name by the way!)

Sorry you're feeling so intimidated by this person.

Whether it be via the forum, pm or email - you'll always be able to talk to someone/anyone on here.

Best Wishes

Magz
XXXX

(by the way - that was a really touching reply Gary!!)

giddy
23-07-06, 06:59
Welcome to the forum Anouska:)
love Helen