PDA

View Full Version : extreme tiredness ..... could it be the betahistine

sazlebazle
04-08-12, 16:05
any help appreciated ive had a tuff few weeks tried all sorts medication but none seem to agree with me ive been taking betahistine and stemetil for about 3 months and were working brilliantly for dizzyness etc but the last couple of days i feel so tired and worn out i sleep great at night but still struggle to get up in the morning and today ive been asleep on and of all day the woozy head feeling is there but it feels like i havent slept in days im due to go back to work monday and and im strugging to look after my son could this be the medication making me so tired should i stop i feel like ive aged my hair looks like its going grey and i look grey and drained whats wrong with me :(

BobbyDog
04-08-12, 16:59
I would go and see your GP on Monday and discuss all the negative symptoms that you are having, it could be a virus and not your tablets at all; and it is probably not a good idea to just stop taking medication without consulting your doctor first.

sazlebazle
04-08-12, 17:10
im just feeling like im begining to lose it im having cbt and that seems to be helping but i just feel so dizzy and lightheaded its a weird feeling like my head is going to explode but with no pain i feel i should have given the amitriptyline more time instead of stopping after a couple of days as i currently feel like im getting worse and worse ive still got the ami i may give it ago even if i start on 5mg rather than 10mg im so scared of the side effects ive read on here :(