PDA

View Full Version : sleep

shaunb
04-08-12, 19:30
According to "Better Health Through Natural Healing," these sleep "hangovers" can be caused by the fluctuation of serotonin levels during sleep.
ive just found this on a site , im on 20mg citalopram 6days in , i know that it is to increase the serotonin in the brain which effectsmood and depression , i love my sleep and as a symtem of depression sleep is a comfort or is is a down side ? ! just think that maybe the cycle of over sleeping which i like , well we all like a bit of a lie in dont we? ,maybe has brought on the depression , the artical says to take an ibuprophen pain killer at wake up , will try that tomorrow:ohmy:

flossie
06-08-12, 11:31
Hi shaun. Read your post back to yourself. You have already found something that you need to change in your behaviour and have found your own answer. Being aware of the needs of your mind and body is good. Accepting that we need to change and carrying it out isn't always as easy. Especially when it means changing something we enjoy.
You recognise that you sleep too much and the negative effect it is having on you. Regulate your sleep pattern. That will be a good step in starting to take control of your depression.
I believe that you can get too much sleep and for me it leads to a foggy brain, inability to wake properly throughout the day and a low mood.
Google 'can I get too much sleep' and have a look at some of the answers.
Taking Ibroprufen isn't the answer at this stage really is it? If you decide to take the ibuprofen route it would probably be a good idea to have a chat about it to your GP at your next appointment first.
See you in chat room soon.

Michal clark
07-08-12, 10:40
I think flossie is right you need to regulate your sleep hour... otherwise sleeping soo much is causing a negetive effect on you..
:)