PDA

View Full Version : Weird new symptom

Kroko
22-07-06, 12:22
This started yesterday.

At times I feel like I can't move. Like I'm paralyzed. Yesterday I felt it strongly for about an hour, today it's not as strong but it's still there. When I attempt to move I am able to, but it feels like I have to put effort into it.

It's really scary. I'm 95% certain that it's anxiety. it's just that it's a symptom I haven't had before. I once heard about people who have some form of anxiety that renders them unable to move. I'm afraid that soon I will be unable to move as well.

Anyone have any experience with this symptom?

ksmith
22-07-06, 13:23
I couldn't get off the couch for a period of time. Even had to sleep there. Not that I couldn't move but felt like I couldn't move and felt safe on the couch. Had to be accompanied to toilet by husband 'in case I collapsed'. Did get better with the help of books and meds. Don't forget, you can move, you just feel that you can't - it's anxiety which is causing the 'paralysis'. Do little trips, eg., walk to the TV, walk to the kitchen every now and then and this will build your confidence.

Hope you improve
Kay x

Kroko
22-07-06, 20:24
Okay, now it has turned into the exact opposite...I now feel like I can't hold still, and I can't. I need to get sedated or something...

Kroko
22-07-06, 20:28
I'm just walking around the room like crazy!